Environmental Test Engineer vacancy in Greenford (482jc)
|Salary:||£ Highly Competitive|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Health & Safety, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Their Hardware Security Module is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. They have also developed and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software. The Company prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment (at either their Gloucester site or the recently refurbished Greenford office which is easily accessible from London via the Central Line) and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
They now have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Engineer to join their engineering team based in Greenford.
• To work in a team of 2 Environmental Engineers in the support of environmental activities and produce test procedures and reports for each product tested.
• Some work will require travel to external test houses to monitor progress and report issues etc
• Projects vary in size and depth but normally they deal with a maximum of two products at a time
• Liaise with design engineering teams to agree and define test strategies and procedures.
• Support in the design of test set-ups, jigs and fixtures.
• Follow test procedures in the execution of required tests (MIL-STD, DEF STAN, RTCA etc.).
• Set-up and competent operation of environmental test equipment (Vibration Shakers, Ovens and Climatic Chambers etc.).
• Work within environmental test team in the preparation and execution of test regimes, strategies, schedules etc.
• Support in the maintenance and control of the environmental test laboratory.
• Write technical acceptable test procedures, plans and reports for internal and external customers in line with company specifications.
• Operate PC based test equipment in laboratories in association with testing activities.
• Manage security of information as defined in the Security Manual.
• Effective at working in teams across other disciplines and levels
• Good organisational skills
• Willingness to learn
• Security Clearance desirable
• Able to travel within UK
• Clean driving license
Skills and Qualifications Required
• HNC Qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering-based discipline (or equivalent on-the-job experience)
• Basic knowledge of environmental test equipment
• Basic understanding of environmental test processes and procedures
Suitable for someone who
• This role will suit someone who wants to learn and develop into an experienced test engineer and into the management of environmental testing.
• The role will demand enthusiasm, willingness and motivation to succeed.
• The successful candidate will be provided with on-the-job job mentoring and training in all aspects of environmental engineering.
• Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems and is excellent at honest analysis
• Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks. Breaks down work into process steps. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
• Is able to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis and experience. Sought out by others for advice on solutions.
• Can marshal resources to get things done. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
• Enjoys working hard. Is full of energy and seizes more opportunities than others.
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Learning on the fly
• Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Managing and measuring work
• Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures;
• Monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
Every employee is critical to our Client’s success and as such they offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive:
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• 4x your annual salary in life assurance
• Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
• Pension Scheme
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
29 July 2020
Service Systems Support Engineer
01 July 2020
Technical Leader Digital RF
20 February 2020
Applications Support Engineer
- £35000 to $40000
£35000 to $40000
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
23 November 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester Base and covering the UK
- starting at £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
starting at £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
23 November 2020
AJT (Advanced Jet Training) Qualified Instructor
- RAF Valley
- Excellent Package
18 November 2020
Trials Manager Static Trials
- Southend-on-Sea, Essex
- Up to £41k + Benefits
Up to £41k + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering