Vacancy - Construction Field Service Technician 489jc
|Salary:||£Competitive Daily Rates|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Engineering Director and you will be involving all aspects of construction, site supervision and project management on projects around the world.
More about the company:
The need for security in today's world is extremely high, especially against blasts as terrorism grows rapidly. Over the past several years, they have supplied and installed their products to a number of high-profile civil and defence locations in some of the world’s most hostile environments. These include government buildings, company headquarters and operations, military establishments, embassies and other diplomatic missions.
They pride themselves on their ability to offer solutions to their clients exacting requirements and their products have been subjected to extensive testing by a variety of international government testing and evaluation agencies.
Role & Responsibilities; the successful candidate will:
• Be highly competent in building techniques and technologies; especially reinforced concrete building construction and steel work
• Supervise indigenous workers to international construction and safety standards, submit reports, project manage throughout construction
• Ensure successful ‘system’ deployment and certification for company products & services
• Work as part of a team between London’s head office and our international clients in a variety of locations such across Australasia, the Middle East and Europe
• Understand the client’s needs and articulate successfully how our business can provide for them
• Manage all on site installation, repair and maintenance tasks
• Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
• Produce timely and detailed service reports
• Document processes
• Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization.
• Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
• Build positive relationships with clients and 3rd party staff
• Manage inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from clients, 3rd party engineers, in-house design and engineering teams, legal and delivery stakeholders.
• You have the relevant skills and experience to take on this exciting role.
• You are an excellent communicator, articulate and have strong people management skills.
• You are self-motivated, are able to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in austere conditions and are willing to motivate others to achieve a successful conclusion.
• You enjoy working in challenging environments where priorities change and can work calmly under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
• You have an ability to understand and resolve complex technical, logistical and time-management issues.
• You are extremely organised and learn quickly, taking lessons learnt and applying them to the future projects.
• Relevant qualifications – including, but not limited to:
a. Engineering Technician (Eng Tech) (desirable, not obligatory)
b. Member of the institute of Royal Engineers (MInstRE) (desirable, not obligatory)
c. City and Guilds Advanced craft certificate in Bricklaying & Concreting
d. City and Guilds Certificate in Brickwork
e. City and Guilds Certificate in Concrete Practice
f. City and Guilds Certificate in General Construction work (not absolutely obligatory)
g. Ordinary National Certificate – Building (desirable, not obligatory)
h. Clerk of Works – Construction (desirable, not obligatory)
i. Higher National Certificate – Building (desirable, not obligatory)
• Minimum 5-years Construction & Project management experience, preferably in challenging locations
• Relevant Training Qualifications – including, but not limited to, Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (5 Day SMSTS)
• Preferable member of APMP, RICS and/or ICE.
• Engineering/Technology background.
• Working in International markets a benefit.
Please Note: lack of ‘formal’ qualifications is not necessarily a limiting factor if successful project delivery can be demonstrated.
This role would probably suit an ex RE who has hands on experience of installation of reinforced buildings and sites and who is able to travel often at short notice for periods of up to 3 to 4 weeks at a time.
In return they are offer competitive daily rates, with all travel, accommodation and allowances covered while on deployment and full travel, health and life insurance covered by my client.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
23 August 2019
- Leicestershire or Milton Keynes
- Salary negotiable, depending on experience
Salary negotiable, depending on experience
23 August 2019
- Salary negotiable, depending on skills and experience
Salary negotiable, depending on skills and experience
28 November 2019
- Surrey, with Worldwide Travel
- £32-38k + Benefits
£32-38k + Benefits
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
04 December 2019
NYE Door Supervisor
- Central London
- £25-£30 Per Hour
£25-£30 Per Hour
02 December 2019
- Camberwell, South London
- Up to 43,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Up to 43,000 per annum (depending on experience)
02 December 2019
- Camberwell, South London
- Up to 23,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Up to 23,000 per annum (depending on experience)
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering