Senior Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy in Greenford (493jc)
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer duties will also include Drawing Office activities, such as the production of detailed drawings, FEA and Test Reports for new products, or enhancements to existing products. All duties will be performed to the agreed technical requirements, timescales and budget. Typical systems that would be worked on include but are not limited to: Hull Mounted Sonar (HMS), Expendable Acoustic Devices’ (EADS), Sonobuoy’s and Launchers.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be accountable for
• Production of project drawing packs in line with configuration management processes.
• Producing and reviewing Mechanical Designs and Drawings.
• Maintaining the configuration of the Company’s production drawing packs.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
• Providing a technical lead role on selected projects.
• Providing support for stress and thermal analysis activities.
• Employing continuous improvement principles to improve efficiency.
• Supporting the Project SDA as required.
• Liaising with customers and suppliers as required.
• Collaboration with the other Engineering functions to ensure smooth engineering transition within projects.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Windchill PDMLink
• Autodesk Inventor
• Autodesk AutoCAD
• Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, & Outlook)
• Microsoft Outlook
• +5 years’ experience using 3D CAD modelling tool(s) including 2D technical drawings.
• Creo 2.0 or above
• Finite Element Analysis Tools (Nastran, Ansys)
• Self-motivated. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Positive/can do attitude.
• The ability to provide sound and innovative solutions to mechanical problems.
• Good verbal/communication/influencing skills.
• To work with other parts of the organisation from project engineering to production to achieve program objectives.
• Flexible in approach to working hours and patterns.
• Full driving license.
• Capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC).
Integrity and Trust
• Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent themselves for personal gain.
• Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organisation; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
• Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
• Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
• Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
28 August 2019
RF Systems and Design Engineer
- £ Competitive
06 May 2020
Senior Software Engineer
- £ Competitive
18 June 2020
Principal Systems Engineer
- £ Competitive
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
01 July 2020
Technical Leader Digital RF
24 June 2020
- Hackney, London
- up to £30k
up to £30k
22 June 2020
Parkguard Patrol Officer
- North London, North East London, West London and Hertfordshire
- £28,500 to £33,000
£28,500 to £33,000
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering