Building Manager (495jc)
|Salary:||up to £35k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Facilities Management, General|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Deputy Head of Residential Property Management at their London HQ, and your role will be to manage the building premises, employees (4 concierge), contractors and relationship with residents of the property.
Therefore, your main duties include:
• The management of a large residential block, comprising 129 luxury units, which include weekly reports back to HQ.
• Lead, supervise, manage, motivate and organise concierge & any staff employed at the property, delegating duties and ensuring they complete their duties to a high standard.
• Manage and maintain staff records/controls including, where necessary, any disciplinaries, appraisals, organisation of staff rosters, holiday cover, and absence cover and deputising where appropriate to cover absence.
• Manage day to day complaints and grievances from both residents and staff.
• Identify training and development needs, working with the senior team to ensure any gaps identified are closed effectively.
• Ensure that all staff have a good knowledge and understanding of how to use and are updating the resident portal system when tasks are assigned to them and allocating new tasks for maintenance and repairs.
• Maintain clear and efficient communications with staff and management team.
• Participate in the recruitment of concierge and other on-site staff as and when required.
• Prepare, update and maintain staff job descriptions.
• Make regular inspections of the property to check upon the condition of the building and grounds and ascertain works of repair. These are to be formally documented monthly.
• Dealing with day to day maintenance issues, including the instruction of contractors as well as monitor & supervise contractors on site and ensure compliance with house requirements.
• Ensure compliance with building security requirements.
• Effective liaison with the gardeners to ensure the gardens are properly maintained and available for the use of the residents.
• Police the “Building Regulations”, Tenancy Regulations and Lease Regulations of flats in the building (e.g. car parking, pets, noise, alterations, sub-letting, etc.); and take appropriate action where required.
• Liaising with the client, Lessees, residents, contractors and others as required, including dealing with telephone calls, e-mails and face to face meetings expediently and in a timely and courteous manner. Ensuring that all appropriate people are kept fully informed.
• Maintain clear and efficient communications with residents.
• Prepare notices and letters for communicating effectively with residents.
• Maintain the building’s notice boards and ensure they are kept current.
• Respond, update and post information on the resident portal.
• Attendance at Site meetings and preparing, agreeing and circulating minutes, as appropriate. Participate in management team decision making.
• Coordinate resident, surveyor, Directors & Property Manager liaison during major projects.
• Respond to emergency calls from residents and take appropriate action.
• Assist in the administration and overseeing of insurance claims and associated works, liaising with brokers, claims handlers, loss adjusters, contractors and others as appropriate.
• Attend Resident meetings as required; and ensure action points are completed in good time.
• Management of Licenses to Sub-let flats in the block and liaise with management regarding any beaches.
• Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations/Legislation, obligations, policies and practice.
• Ensure that all Fire Safety related records are kept on site in an orderly fashion and up to date.
• Manage the storage cupboards and any enquiry received.
• Manage the hire of the Oak Room and its facilities, ensuring that the Building Regulations are adhered to and the kitchen is kept in a clean and tidy condition including undertaking inventory.
• Ensuring that all Plant, Mechanical and Electrical equipment is maintained to a good standard under a maintenance agreement with a reputable firm.
• Carry out tests of fire equipment including the fire alarm, fire curtains and undertake periodic drills and evacuation of the premises.
• Undertake Concierge duties and cover breaks for concierge staff as when required.
• At least 3 years’ practical experience in the management of residential blocks.
• A detailed knowledge of relevant residential Landlord & Tenant legislation, including the Commonhold & Leasehold Reform Act 2002 and, in particular the requirements for statutory consultation with long lessees and the preparation of Section 20 Notices would also be highly desirable
• A good working knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation.
• A good knowledge and understanding of plant equipment and the ability to read and decipher technical plans and drawings.
• The management of a multidisciplinary, multicultural team.
• An ability to work principally unaided.
• The day to day management of a 200+ unit residential property.
• Direct responsibility for Health & Safety.
• Any engineering or mechanical knowledge/ & or experience would be advantageous.
• Recognised professional qualification (e.g. AIRPM, MIRPM, AssocRICS, MRICS,).
• Intermediate computer literacy including the use of e-mail.
The ideal candidate would probably be SNCO/WO who has held the role of RQMS(A) or similar and who is able to liaise with individuals from all levels as some of the residents are UHNW individuals and the team that is in situ have been there a number of years and can be set in their ways.
In return they are offering a good starting salary and all the usual benefits.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
05 December 2019
Security Officer x3
- City of London, EC2
- £11.30 Per Hour, 40 Hour Per Week
£11.30 Per Hour, 40 Hour Per Week
04 December 2019
NYE Door Supervisor
- Central London
- £25-£30 Per Hour
£25-£30 Per Hour
02 December 2019
- Camberwell, South London
- Up to 43,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Up to 43,000 per annum (depending on experience)
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering