Vacancy - Production Team Leader 502jc
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are now seeking an experienced Production Teal Leader to join their team.
Some Key Responsibilities:
• Responsible for production section supervision and control of resources to meet day to day targets whilst meeting Production requirements
• Deployment of production operators (team) as required by the production schedule to meet completion dates according to stage build\test, sales forecasts or customer orders
• Review and preparation of work packages and schedules for production along with monitoring and reporting on drawing and material issues
• Manage the implementation of design changes
• Liaison with external departments (Planning, Procurement Production Engineering, QA,).
• Reporting of progress, status and plans to complete.
• Ensure that assigned section activities are conducted in accordance with company procedures and standards ensuring high quality output
• Responsible for production elements, (as determined by the role), from initial receipting of material to final assembly, test and final delivery
• Actively support team members in Production Operator duties as and when required:
o Build electro-mechanical assemblies to IPC-A-610 standard
o Carry out automated tests of built sub-assemblies and general assemblies
o Pack products
o Check quality of the product through self-inspection
o Record and report any discrepancies or non-conformances
• Monitor and achieve targets – output, quality, cost and health & safety
• Champion continuous improvement within the section and support initiatives to improve delivery times, process time, cost, quality, housekeeping and eliminate waste
• Train colleagues when required, to agreed company standards in working practices and processes
• Support team building and promote good working relations through example and good practice
• Use the non-conformance process to ensure defective material is returned to supplier
• Facilitate Health and Safety and Environmental procedures, ensuring staff adhere to relevant safety and environmental requirements
• Deputise for Production Supervisor\ Manager if required
• Manage material shortages and discrepancies through the use of IFS and communication with stores/procurement/planning
• Day to day decisions that may influence the efficiency of the section
• Requires analysis of information, KPIs and targets to ensure on track
• Work closely with other Team Leaders, Planners, Engineering, Buyers and Engineers to resolve issues related to the section
• Understand and work to assembly drawings and instructions
• Impact - line stoppage, delays, costs and quality
• Carry out initial analysis and problem solving if unable to resolve escalate to Supervisor\Manager
• Regular verbal and written communication including emails with both internal and external stakeholders/customers/suppliers
• Good verbal and written communication which includes being able to provide instruction and direction to a team
• Complete travellers and\or test sheets
• Handle information of a sensitive, confidential or secret nature
• Manage, motivate and develop employees (direct reports) to ensure that they fulfil their roles and meet targets effectively and on a timely basis to agreed quality standards
• Coach direct reports to help them further develop in their own roles and levels of expertise
• Responsible for on the job training
• Responsible for conducting Performance Development & 1:1 Reviews
• Responsible for performing return to work interviews
• Manage Teams bookings/sickness/holidays through ERP system (IFS)
• Recruitment off shop floor staff
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
• Experience of working in a manufacturing environment essential
• Experience of supervising/leading team preferred
• Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience of working with ERP system (IFS)
• Familiarity with the FRACAS system preferred
• Close attention to detail and a methodical approach
• Customer \ Goal focused
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects
• Able to work on own initiative and prioritise a busy workload, juggling priorities to meet deadliness
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to express ideas, share information and communicate at all levels
• Good team player, with a proactive, collaborative approach and an ability to motivate others
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
23 January 2020
- £27,500 + OT
£27,500 + OT
20 February 2020
Applications Support Engineer
- £35000 to $40000
£35000 to $40000
28 August 2019
Systems Design Engineer
- £ Competitive
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
12 March 2020
Technical Specialist – Networks
- Excellent Salary
12 March 2020
Technical Support – Networks
- Excellent Salary
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering