Hall/Facilities Manager and Beadle (504jc)
|Location:||City of London|
|Sectors:||Admin, Facilities Management, Health & Safety|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Clerk and have responsibility for six direct reports, and you will be responsible for the day to day running of their Livery Hall and other properties located nearby as well as running events held within it. Your role as The Beadle is the focus for all ceremonial aspects of livery events held in the Livery Hall.
Therefore you will be working the Clerk and Senior Management Team to ensure effective organisational leadership, sharing of information and operational delivery of Company activities and events, as well as playing a major role in fulfilling the efficient in-house facilities management of the 2 multi-let buildings which is owned and managed by the company.
Management of two let properties (reporting to Head of Property)
• To be responsible and accountable for the management of sites roadway itself including its security, parking and physical condition.
• Be responsible for the efficient running and maintenance of landlord services to all our managed buildings; ensuring that all 3rd party contracts are fit for purpose and to work closely with all contractors, including: access and security systems, air conditioning, cleaning of common areas, eye bolts and cradle, firefighting systems, equipment and fire drills, health and safety, lifts, lighting, reception staff and window cleaning.
• To be the initial Point of Contact for all tenants, dealing with their enquiries and for maintaining the effective provision of services.
• Leading and developing the team of two housekeepers and one maintenance man to ensure a responsive and co-operative service is delivered to all tenants and visitors to the building.
• Liaise with the City Police and other organisations to ensure the security and safety of those working and visiting the buildings.
Management of the Livery Hall (reporting to Head of Property)
• Providing advice and support to other members of staff and service providers.
• Be responsible for the efficient running and maintenance of the Hall premises and accommodation block; ensuring that all 3rd party contracts are fit for purpose and to work closely with all contractors. Be responsible for the care and maintenance of all Company artefacts in conjunction with the Head Butler, Executive Assistant and Archivist
• Manage the maintenance and cleaning team of three plus necessary agency staff to maintain and clean the Hall and second site taking account of approved events and activities identified in the programme and weekly diary meeting.
• To develop strong links with other Beadles and staff at other City institutions such as Mansion House, Guildhall, St Paul’s, etc
• The Management of Hall Events (Reporting to the Clerk)
• Support and advise the Clerk in the management of Hall operations providing security, safety and effectiveness through good communications, oversight and decision-making in conjunction with the Livery and Events Administrator.
• Responsible for the operational delivery of all events at Hall in conjunction with the Head Chef and Head Butler
• Responsible for the delivery of all ceremonial duties at livery and other events in the Hall
• To be the expert in Company protocols maintaining an effective relationship with the Master of the day. Always ensuring that all participants in ceremonial events are fully briefed and the correct protocols are observed.
• To be an effective and discreet provider of toasts and to oversee the maintenance, distribution and safe keeping of the Company’s robes and badges.
• Attending on the Master at external events, not only but especially at the City Guildhall, Mansion House, and St Paul’s Cathedral.
• Liaise with the City Police and Corporation officials on official matters and VIP visits.
• A credible leader and team player who can exercise influence at the highest levels across a range of stakeholders, as well, as someone who is able to delve into operational detail.
• Demonstrable leadership experience, creating and inspiring high-performance teams.
• You will be inspired by the opportunity to be part of a highly respected City Livery Company.
• Understanding of Facilities Management and let property administration
• Demonstrable experience in managing senior stakeholders and diverse administrative teams,
• Demonstrable experience in leading on protocol and ceremonial events
• Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
The ideal candidate would be someone who has a strong background in Facilities Management, HSE, Ceremonial and Security. You would either be SNCO/WO or possibly LE Captain who has come through the ranks and at a senior level moved into an RQMS (A) or (T) type role.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and benefits package which is geared to rewarding the best people, which include an attractive contributory pension scheme, medical insurance, 4 times death in service, as well as 25 days holiday.
My client is looking to start the interview process in late Jan early Feb 2020, and they are looking to the individual to start early April 2020.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
10 February 2020
Mobile HGV Vehicle Mechanic
- Midlands Region
- generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering