Security Data Controller (002jc)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
In this role you will be responsible for managing the data for all of my client’s secure projects to ensure that all engineering development and manufacturing activity complies with the rules, regulations and project-specific conditions for data release. The primary purpose of the role is to develop, implement and manage the flow of data to reduce the risk to both my cleint and HMG of the inadvertent release of data outside of its intended recipients.
The role covers all products that are subject to the external security regulator’s approval and developed within the Company’s Line of Business across the Greenford, Gloucester and Farnborough sites. The role provides a focal point of contact with the regulator through which all data will flow. The role also manages internally developed data and ensures that they are only passed to those persons or organisations outside of the company that are within the scope of the regulator’s approval to release and the extant security environment. The role requires daily interaction with the Engineering and Procurement functions, and the maintenance of meticulous records.
The role is essential to my client’s ability to do business by minimising the risk of inadvertent release of information, and hence my client’s ability to retain the confidence of customers and the regulator.
Responsible for / Key responsibilities
• Coordination of fortnightly review meetings with the security regulator to ensure all actions are accurately recorded and monitored to completion.
• Maintaining a register of all information passed to or received from the security regulator and managing the transfer of that data via secure mechanisms and its appropriate dissemination within the company.
• Developing and maintaining a register of project-specific approved suppliers, including the flow down of security conditions and their validity periods.
• In coordination with the engineering department, developing and maintaining a register of parts to ensure that the procurement team are able to work efficiently to procure them within the security constraints.
• Providing data to engineering and project management to support the identification of any security or process issues blocking the manufacture of parts.
• To develop processes, procedures and tools to reduce the security management overhead across the engineering and supply chain so as to improve efficiency without compromising data integrity.
• Conducting supplier security audits as part of the company Security control team.
• To act as a deputy for the companies CIS Security Controller during periods of absence, for example to manage security clearances or change employees’ access permissions.
• To act as a deputy for the companies CIS Crypto Custodian during periods of absence, to maintain, validate and update records of all cryptographic material in the company’s possession.
The role will require regular (fortnightly) travel to Company’s offices in Gloucester, with the candidate possessing a full UK driving license. The successful candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain security clearance to at least SC level, preferably DV.
Qualifications / skills required
• A demonstrated ability to act with confidence in both a customer and supplier facing role.
• Excellent attention to detail, with demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining a large data set.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) essential
• Ability to develop and improve processes desirable.
• Ability to develop and maintain databases desirable.
Suitable for someone who
The role requires somebody who is able to work and communicate effectively with both internal staff and external agencies and suppliers. The role also requires a considerable degree of attention to detail to ensure that records are accurately maintained so that controls are effectively maintained on each and every component in the companies products. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate an ability to identify opportunities for process development and be able to implement changes to automate any repetitive elements of the role.
In return they are offering a good starting salary, and a benefits package which is designed to attract the best individuals, as well as career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
31 March 2020
Office Hours Security Guard
- £19,800 - 21,000 + Benefits
£19,800 - 21,000 + Benefits
31 March 2020
Day Security Guard
- £21,500 + Benefits
£21,500 + Benefits
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering