Maintenance Manager (005ww)
|Sectors:||Admin, Engineering, General, Health & Safety, Management, Renewable Energy|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Their core business is the recycling of scrap metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles, consumer products, industry, construction and demolition with operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by their substantial road, rail and shipping network.
Our Client is looking for a Maintenance Manager to be responsible for the service and maintenance of light and heavy plant equipment within the depot. Ordering of parts and maintaining Health and Safety compliance at Tilbury Docks, reports to Depot Manager
• Assessing, fault finding, and problem solving to ensure minimum downtime of plant.
• Carrying out maintenance and servicing duties predominantly in outside conditions.
• Working on all aspects of plant during periods where breakdowns or maintenance does not occur.
• Actively participating in our strong safety culture.
• Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to all times.
• Monitoring all visiting suppliers – including PPE compliance.
• Assisting depot management as required.
• To maintain a clean/ safe working environment
• Comply with all Health & Safety policies and procedures relating to the welfare of others and self in the depot and company
• Participate in stock takes and part orders
• Be aware of HR and disciplinary procedures and polices
• Demonstrable experience in fitter role is essential.
• Electrical, welding and/or fabrication skills/qualifications are highly desirable.
• Experience working on/ carrying out maintenance on varied plant machinery- Heavy plant, Bulldozers, Shovels, Gantry cranes, Shovel loaders, heavy engineering equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
• Ability to operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment.
• Adaptable to meet business priorities.
• Organised, safety conscious and motivated.
• Comfortable working outside.
• Ability to work at heights
• Desire to get the best outcomes for everyone we support
• Can do, solution focused attitude and approach
• Ability to stay calm under pressure
• Disciplined and professional approach to work
• Hard working and motivated with enthusiasm
• Willingness to learn and use new skills
• Computer literate
• Live within commute distance of 45min of location (Tilbury Docks)
• Willingness to learn and use new skills
• A professionally recognised qualifications in management
• A professionally recognised qualification in Heavy Vehicle / Plant Maintenance and repair (NVQ Level 2 or 3 or equivalent)
• Weekend and Bank Holiday working is required
• 45hrs week
• Rotating shifts to cover 0600hrs to 2100hrs 7 days a week
• Overtime paid at 1.5 and double time Sundays
• 23 days holiday + B/H
• Shipping bonus (Details given on interview)
• A few other perks (Annual bonus)
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
31 March 2020
Office Hours Security Guard
- £19,800 - 21,000 + Benefits
£19,800 - 21,000 + Benefits
31 March 2020
Day Security Guard
- £21,500 + Benefits
£21,500 + Benefits
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering