Vacancy - Radio System Maintenance Engineer (RSME) 006ww
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Electronics, Engineering, General, IT/Telecoms, Information Security|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our client is a leading provider in complete wireless solutions from initial consultancy, through system design, project delivery to ongoing operational support, ensuring that organisations can transmit mission-critical voice and data smartly and securely, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Their networks are among the world’s biggest, keeping devices connected across borders and on the move, in some of the industry’s most challenging environments.
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Radio System Maintenance Engineer (RSME) a premiant role to be responsible for providing radio system maintenance of the company’s systems and 3rd party related systems throughout the UK, Europe, Middle East, South America and Asia Pacific regions.
Principle Accountabilities and Objectives:
• The duties of the RSME will include roles such as; radio system maintenance activities, equipment build, and system documentation, such as, Risk Assessments, Preventative Maintenance Schedules, Operation and Maintenance Manuals and Site Survey Reports.
• Carry out pro-active and re-active maintenance activities on radio and PA systems in relation to ongoing maintenance contracts in the London area; including 24 hours standby service on a per rota basis;
• Supervise and execute radio system testing activities during preventative maintenance testing to confirm the correct operation of the radio system;
• Have an understanding of radio system and technical drawings and technical documentation to assist with fault finding procedures; as well as from time to time for the internal and external delivery of projects and be able to modify/correct as required if remedial corrective work needs to be carried out;
• Perform site works for the survey, installation, commissioning and upgrade of customer infrastructure radio systems;
• Regularly report maintenance related activities and contribute to risk analysis for bids and projects;
• Ensure adherence to companies’ standards and procedures;
• The RSME will work both in the office setting and on site;
• Comply with company & local standards, procedures & protocols with specific responsibility for performance to key performance indicators.
• Provide support for technical bid submissions as and when required for maintenance related bids;
• who will represent the company in a professional manner both externally and internally and support the adoption of the company’s corporate culture and Image.
• Experience and detailed knowledge of the deployment of private mobile radio solutions including Tetra, DMR, MTP1327, analogue;
• Knowledge of TCP/IP routing;
• Knowledge of GSM, VoIP, fixed line comms and microwave solutions;
• Installation and maintenance of radio systems infrastructure including experience in Radio Frequency (RF) design, programming of radio terminals and base station technology;
• Must have at least five years experience working as a maintenance engineer;
• Education to HNC or Degree level in Electrical or Electronic Engineering preferred;
• Training records, certification and valid permits for manual handling, working at heights, climbing, safe us of ladders, Electrotechnical Competency Scheme (ECS), IPAF 3A+3B, etc;
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations including preparation and policing of Risks Assessment and Method Statements (RAM’s)
• Willingness to follow internal processes
• Experience of working with Public or Private Sector (Blue Chip) clients;
• Ability to take ownership of an issue and can see things through until the end;
• Customer focused and experienced in managing expectations;
• Self-motivated with a positive outlook;
• Ability to prioritize and co-ordinate several projects at once, multi-task;
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure and be well organized to manage people effectively;
• Good communicator;
• Good organizational and written skills;
• Enjoys solving problems;
• Good positive mental attitude, “Whatever it takes”, “Can Do” attitude;
• IT literate with good working knowledge of all relevant Microsoft Office applications.
• This position requires a professional demeanour and an orientation toward excellent customer services;
• Must have a valid driving license and good driving record;
• Must be flexible in work habits and work schedule;
• Must have demonstrated a record of good work attendance and reliability;
• Must be able to work with money and cash receipts and keep up-to-date expense records;
• Must have effective oral and written communications skills and be able to articulate thoughts and ideas to others;
• Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with clients, employees, and industry professionals;
• Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Must be willing and able to drive long distances or may be required to travel from time to time to support international projects;
• The RSME has a schedule that flexes around the need but typically is based on a Monday – Friday 08:30 to 5:00 pm availability;
• The RSME may be allocated to the call-out rota and the basis of one week in three in the support of major 24/7 maintenance contracts;
• It is common for the RSME to work long hours and irregular hours whilst facilitating visits to the field;
• Travelling and overnight stays as required in the line of business duties
• Willingness to support any other responsibilities or duty’s as required by the business from time to time
• Hours of work:37.5 per week
• Transport supplied by the company
• Tools and computer and test equipment supplied by the company
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
26 February 2020
- West Drayton, Uxbridge
17 January 2020
Digital RF DSP System Engineer
- Herford and Watford
29 October 2019
International Sales Manager
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
31 March 2020
Office Hours Security Guard
- £19,800 - 21,000 + Benefits
£19,800 - 21,000 + Benefits
31 March 2020
Day Security Guard
- £21,500 + Benefits
£21,500 + Benefits
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering