Digital RF DSP System Engineer (015ww)
|Location:||Herford and Watford|
|Sectors:||Electronics, Engineering, IT/Telecoms|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client is looking for new talent to join our growing Engineering department and be a part of a brand-new team in designing a new range of Digital IF distribution products and to aid our strong growth and excel our innovation capabilities in the satellite communications industry Strong background in digital signal processing and a working knowledge of communications systems engineering.
They are currently recruiting for an innovative Digital RF DSP Engineer.
• To have worked in software radio, or a related discipline. A pragmatic approach to the implementation of such equipment is essential, along with a solid understanding of real-world constraints.
• Have a good understanding of implementing communications signal processing algorithms such as DDCs, filters, FFTs etc. efficiently in FPGA, probably in VHDL.
• A strong understanding of wideband sampling, and techniques to mitigate impairments caused by it.
• Have a good understanding of algorithm requirements, be able to implement and test against a system model and have a desire to push the boundaries of algorithm performance.
• The Digital RF DSP Engineers responsibilities will also include initial system design, system dimensioning for coverage, traffic analysis, coverage planning, site identification, evaluation and zoning support, and frequency planning.
• Help dealing with the project through from the design processes to the manufacture and distribution of the products.
• blend of experience in designing, building and testing equipment that generates radio frequency and microwave signals, including associated transmissions and detection systems.
• HFSS/ADS & Matlab – using simulation design tools.
• DAD, Outdoor RF – Macro RF Networks
• Testing PFGA code on hardware
• DS network design
• Satellite communications
• Circuit analysis
• Tools: Agilent Scanners, Dragon CW.
• Transmitters/Wind catcher for CDMA, GSM and UMTS
• Testing tools: Spectrum analyser & Anritsu
• DSP Algorithm simulation
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
Demonstrated experience with C/C++, X-MIDAS, Python, or JAVA within Unix/Linux programming environments
Digital Signal Processing (DSP) background with strong understanding of communication systems design and theory
Must have demonstrated problem-solving, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills. Must have experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project).
Active TS//SC Clearance
Prior experience as a Digital Signal Engineer a plus
For more information, please contact Warren Wright, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 ext 1or Email: [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
12 March 2020
Technical Specialist – Networks
- Excellent Salary
12 March 2020
Technical Support – Networks
- Excellent Salary
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering