Vacancy - Motor Vehicle Technician 016jc
|Salary:||£35,400 + OT +Benefits|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Your role will be to service and repair vehicles in a safe & efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required. As well as prioritise vehicles and maintenance ensuring completion in accordance with procedures in operation and to the standard and Quality required and ensure warranty claims are identified for recovery from manufacturers and rechargeable damage is identified and authorised.
Therefore, your key duties and responsibilities will include:
• To service, adjust and repair vehicles, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided.
• To diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. This will include road testing where deemed necessary. To drive in a manner within the parameters of the law and ensuring that all police signs are covered appropriately
• To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of recharge costs advising the Workshop Controller and correct completion of paperwork
• To order from the parts department, all necessary replacement parts, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work
• To interpret technical service information and data from manuals, bulletins and or computer files and data. Implement by applying correct techniques
• To ensure at all times that equipment and tools are kept in a clean, safe condition and to report any shortages or damaged/faulty equipment the line manager.
• Conduct work in a safe tidy and clean manner taking responsibility for the working environment and allocated work area, cleaning work area after completion jobs.
• Provide technical and diagnostic support to colleagues where required
• Ensure all warranty job card completions are followed in order to maintain compliance to the terms of warranty in-house status.
• Ensure all QTIB bulletins and related procedures and supporting documentation are read and pro-actively read on a quarterly basis.
• Keep up to date with technical and manufacturer/industry information.
• Ensure all parts returns are documented and returned in accordance with the procedures required.
• Maintain the workshop in safe and clean manner in accordance with requirements.
• To be aware of the application of COSHH regulations, which includes the disposal of waste and the storage and issues of substances, as stated within the company’s procedures.
• Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed and adhered to in accordance with Company requirements and regulations in force.
• To participate in training courses required from time to time.
• In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the current regualtion:
1. Health and Safety policy
2. Quality Policy
3. Environmental Policy
• To work within established Company policies and procedures.
• Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos.
• Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
• To demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
• Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
• To carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience:
• Flexible, Proactive, Team Player
• Pride taken in the completion and presentation of completed repairs
• Computer literate.
• Full driving licence
• Good level of industry knowledge / awareness
• Good understanding and working knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
• Proven experience in a Motor Vehicle technician role, with at least 2 years’ experience gained as a fully qualified technician.
• City & Guilds 1 & 2 in Motor Vehicle Studies or equivalent NVQ levels 2 & 3 or equivalent
• Working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
In return they will be offering a good starting salary, as well as a discretionary bonus which is paid quarterly, overtime which is time and a half outside of normal hours, and a first-class benefits package.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
12 March 2020
Technical Specialist – Networks
- Excellent Salary
12 March 2020
Technical Support – Networks
- Excellent Salary
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering