Systems Engineer (Developer) (019ww)
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Electronics, IT/Telecoms, Information Security, Management, Security|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our client, who are an independent provider of Sat Comms and IT Support with a truly world-wide footprint are now seeking a Systems Engineer (Developer) to join their dynamic team.
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer (Developer) will work with the Enterprise team who are responsible for a variety of services offered to our customers.
You will be reporting to the Technical Director and your main job purpose will include
Work is primarily assigned and reviewed on a regular basis by the Head of Technology and Networks team, full job-related training will be provided.
• Good programming experience in some or all of the following programming technologies:
• Linux (Redhat/CentOS, Ubuntu)
• Database Administration (MySQL)
• Programming Knowledge (PHP, CodeIgniter/MVC, SQL)
• Scripting (bash, perl, python)
• Analytical mindset
• Good knowledge of IP networking
• Proactive can-do attitude.
• Project Planning and delivery experience
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to diagnose complex faults, document, communicate and follow up corrective actions.
• Completing Systems Engineering Development and Project work to demanding timescales.
• Dealing professionally and flexibly with customers and suppliers.
• Keeping current with the rapid developments in communications and IT.
• Current UK SC Clearance
• Degree (2:1) or HND/HNC in Computer Science/Programming/Engineering related area AND/OR at least 3 years equivalent experience
• Asterisk/VoIP platforms
• Programming knowledge of SOA architectures
• Working knowledge of satellite networks and infrastructure, firewalls and traffic shaping experience.
Main Role and Key Tasks
• To be part of the team who are responsible for a variety of services offered to our customers which include
• Bespoke hardware/software developments to provide customers with the ability to better manage their remote site traffic, and user experience, as part of the company’s global solutions.
• The design and management of the companies VSAT infrastructure, including requirements capture, capacity planning, link budget design, hub IP network design, traffic shaping, traffic acceleration, VoIP and systems management.
• Help with the design and management of our Global PoP infrastructure, including Mobile Satellite, LTE, and terrestrial interconnect incorporating tasks including capacity planning, hub IP network design, VoIP, traffic monitoring/detection and systems management.
• Meet with external customers to design on-board vessel and land networks for fleets and remote sites, including bespoke designs, traffic prioritisation, integration into existing infrastructure, and ongoing support.
• Find off the shelf products/developing in-house products/system design and integration to best suit the needs of our business and our clients, testing/evaluating updates/releases, and adding them into our Product Portfolio
• To assist in the system design/development processes within the team. Using bespoke and open-source software, primarily Linux based to bring additional value to our in-house and customer solutions.
• Work with existing solutions you will be involved as part of a team in developing/maintain our in-house product ranges incorporating VoIP platforms, email Services, file replication, hotspot solutions, software distribution, web filtering, firewalling, HyperVisors, High-Availability and Entertainment services.
• Participate in relevant tasks within our Corporate team, e.g. Implementation and / or integration of LINUX-based systems .2nd and 3rd level customer support, IT support, system design for projects, etc.
• Work with development software technologies include the LAMP stack (CentOS, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl), bash, Python, ReactJS and AngularJS. We would expect the candidate to have programming experience in some or all of these technologies, hardware technologies are digital satellite communications, DVB-RCS, IP networking, Layer7/IP traffic management, VPN firewalls, TCP accelerators, Routers, VoIP, Wi-Fi. We would expect the candidate to have working knowledge of some or all of these technologies.
• Be part of the support the design team, requirement capture and development according to Agile design principles (incl. the SCRUM methodology) of the suite of company’s value-added services.
• To be able to keep abreast of new developments in the IT & communications industry which are applicable to communication and systems markets.
• To act as in-house Product expert on selected systems and applications.
• To provide accurate and timely technical information or analyses on a variety of engineering investigations.
• To produce and maintain detailed technical documentation relating to the new developments and to work with the Product Management team on ensuring that any new developments are rolled out effectively across the organization.
• When required to support the Product Management team and the Account Managers in dealings with customers on engineering issues, attend meetings and conduct demonstrations in support of Sales.
• To own, investigate and resolve escalated engineering service issues.
• Time Management to have the ability to work effectively as part of a team, and on your own projects
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
12 March 2020
Technical Specialist – Networks
- Excellent Salary
12 March 2020
Technical Support – Networks
- Excellent Salary
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering