IDG (Integrated Driver Generator) Fitter vacancy in Stansted, Essex (020jc)
|Salary:||up to £29k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Aviation, Electronics, Engineering|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Due to the further expansion of their workshops they now have a full-time vacancy, at their Stansted site, for an IDG Fitter to repair and overhaul generators and IDGs in accordance with CMMs and Overhaul Manuals ready for final testing.
Therefore, your main tasks will include:
• Overhaul and repair of IDG’s, CSD’s and generators, and their associated sub-assemblies; to include disassembly, cleaning, inspection, fault finding and repair.
• Operate a variety of test equipment to include bore gauges, verniers, micrometers, digital multi- meters, hi pot testers, presses and soldering irons.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• ONC / HNC Engineering or equivalent (desirable)
• Numerate and literate – minimum GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience of IDG’s / CSD’s, overhauling generators within an Aerospace background essential.
• Previous lapping and honing experience essential.
• Practical working experience of pistons and piston blocks, wobblers, governors and pumps
• Ability to interpret and follow in detail compliance manuals.
• An ability to work to tight deadlines is essential, whilst maintaining a high degree of quality, workmanship and compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Working within a small team of skilled technicians, reliability, flexibility and team work are key skill requirements within this highly successful department.
• Positive, enthusiastic, confident and motivated
The ideal candidate would be someone who has experience in working within aircraft sector and has experience of IDG’s or similar equipment.
In return they are offering a good starting salary and the ability to join a company that is looking to grow across the world.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
06 April 2020
Engineering Manager - Sonars & CM
- £ Competitive
01 July 2020
Technical Leader Digital RF
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
01 July 2020
Technical Leader Digital RF
24 June 2020
- Hackney, London
- up to £30k
up to £30k
22 June 2020
Parkguard Patrol Officer
- North London, North East London, West London and Hertfordshire
- £28,500 to £33,000
£28,500 to £33,000
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering