Network Support Engineer (024ww)
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Electronics, Engineering, IT/Telecoms|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our client, who are an independent provider of Sat Comms and IT Support with a truly world-wide footprint are now seeking a Network Support Engineer to join their dynamic team.
You will be reporting to the Technical Director and your main job purpose will include:
• Provide functional checks of Network Systems
• Provide 2nd Line Customer Support for Network Issues relating to all Land/Maritime Customers
• Update network devices IAW company policies for a wide range of equipment
• Fault find local and remote basic network faults, review security and network logs
Your key task will include:
• Provide routine testing of company systems for correct operation
• Verification of technical equipment IAW project specifications
• When required, replicate customer faults for further in-depth rectification
• Update Key material other the air (OTA) for remote systems, ensuring high level of competence
• Update Support documentation
• Provide Network Backups from a mixture of devices (CISCO/JUNIPER etc)
• Provide 1st line training to company Support staff.
• Proactive member of the Duty MOD/GOV engineer Rota
• Provide supporting information for new technical proposals
• To provide training as required for new systems
• Liaison with MOD/GOV agencies as required for any planned/unplanned outages
• Flexible in attitude and availability for MOD/GOV customers’ needs
• To undertake relevant tasks as detailed in the Company Global Security Organisation Document.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following Experience/Skills/Qualifications
• Must hold, or have the ability to achieve, DV Security Clearance
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Proven administration skills
• Flexible and pro-active
• Broad ICT and Satellite communications experience highly desirable
• Professional registration desirable
• Firewall Experience (ASA/Juniper)
• Cisco CCNA or equivalent experience
The starting salary is competitive based on qualifications, experience and fit to the job and they offer the following benefits after successful completion of the probationary period (6 months):
• sponsored personal pension plan up to 7.5% of annual base salary
• free life assurance to 4 x annual base salary
• free private medical insurance on a SINGLE basis
• £2k on call allowance as well as overtime.
The ideal candidate will need to live within commuting distance of their office, as well as visiting client’s sites on occasion. You will be working as part of a team covering in office support during normal business hours, but will also participate in an on call rota covering weekends, bank holidays and evenings and therefore this role will require flexibility dependent on the requirements of the business and as such you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to fulfil the requirement of the job.
For more information, please contact Warren Wright at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 ext 1, or [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
12 March 2020
Technical Specialist – Networks
- Excellent Salary
12 March 2020
Technical Support – Networks
- Excellent Salary
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering