Facilities Supervisor (025jc)
|Salary:||£30-35k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Facilities Management, Health & Safety|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
As the Facilities Supervisor you will be responsible for making sure that their buildings, machinery and all their services meet the needs of the people working in them. Therefore, you are accountable for services such as building upkeep, equipment installation and maintenance, site safety, cleaning, security and parking, all of which help ensure their business environment is always in a suitable condition to produce the finest products for their clients.
This is a key role for them to achieve their vision of being the finest food production company. A clean and safe factory site where everyone has the tools that they need to perform their roles with ease and pride is key.
As Facilities Supervisor, a typical week might include the following:
• Ensuring that all their equipment and facilities are in the finest working order so that their finest food products can be produced per their delicious recipes. This includes preventative maintenance and repairs throughout the factory being regularly, routinely and reliably scheduled and actioned. You will also need to be familiar with their main food production processes and machinery.
• Working with others in the business you’ll ensure that all the buildings, equipment and spaces throughout the factory are always in full compliance with the critical international health and safety standards they adhere to and best practices they strive for. You’re responsible for aspects such as the following:
1. Site health and safety – working with others to ensure they always meet all agreed H&S standards, inductions happen whenever needed, and that they pass all audits. This also includes chemicals and uniforms.
2. Site security – including security and fire alarms, and CCTV
3. Utilities – ensuring that all utilities (e.g. electricity and water) are managed proactively to ensure full compliance and uptime
4. Facilities insurance – guaranteeing that they always have the most appropriate and cost-effective insurance policies required to mitigate facilities-related risks
5. Waste – ensuring that all their waste is correctly stored, sorted and disposed of, or recycled
6. Common areas cleaning – managing and guiding the cleaner to ensure that all common areas of the factory are clean and hygienic at all times
• Being constantly alert to potential contaminants, pests and other potential hygiene and H&S issues
• Supporting the directors with agreed projects. You will typically be assigned the project managing function on these and be responsible for coordinating the planning, execution and communication with all project stakeholders.
• Building rapport with, and managing relevant suppliers and contractors, to ensure scheduled and emergency repairs and maintenance take place. This also includes ensuring all site visitors are warmly welcomed and follow visitor protocols.
• Managing facilities and project budgets and ensuring cost control. You’ll also be alert to, and advise the business on, improving factory energy efficiency and increasing cost-effectiveness across the facilities portfolio.
• Creating and updating checklists and other process tools so that you and others in the business carry out regular facilities. Taking care to complete all such paperwork professionally, accurately and on time.
Decisions you can make on your own
• Arranging external contractors to carry out repairs & maintenance during both working/ non- working hours.
• Ensure a regular supply of equipment/ stock is both purchased and maintained.
• Set up accounts with external suppliers.
• Set up service level agreements (value dependent) and continue to monitor all works on site.
Decisions you will need support for
• Large scale projects either internal or external that may impact the business.
• Repairs & maintenance exceeding agreed budget.
• Communicate with other departments for release of resources for various facilities requirements.
• Set up of service level agreements (exceeding budget) and continue to monitor all works on site.
• Regular communication with all departments to support various facilities-based works.
You’re good at:
• Working under pressure in a fast-paced, 24-hour environment
• Creating clear and concise processes, procedures and checklist that both you and others can follow exactly
• Communicating clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles, and you get messages across that have the desired effect with your colleagues throughout our business
• Working with others as a team player and going the extra mile when needed
You’re able to:
• Stand on your feet for long periods of time
• Bend and lift weights of up to 25kg, with a reasonable level of physical fitness
• Work in a chilled environment at times, including inside freezers for short periods of time
• Work some overtime and weekends when the business requires
• A related degree or relevant experience in a similar role, with at least 5 years’ experience
• Professional level of business English as well as strong numeracy and literacy skills
• Sound knowledge of health and safety in a manufacturing context
• Sound knowledge of our production processes and equipment
You might also have:
• Previous experience in a similar role in a food manufacturing environment
• Formal food safety and production training
• Knowledge of supply chain management, warehousing and related production aspects
• City & Guilds Certificate in Health and Safety
The ideal candidate for this role would probably be JNCO/SNCO who comes from a RE or REME background or similar and who are looking for their first step into a commercial role, but coupled with the ability to move up into a management role within a short space of time.
In return, they are offering a good starting salary and benefits package as well as ongoing personal and professional development.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
10 February 2020
Mobile HGV Vehicle Mechanic
- Midlands Region
- generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering