Vacancy - Volunteer Telephone Befriender
|Placed by:||Deafblind UK|
As a Volunteer Telephone or Email Befriender your role would be:
• To establish and build a befriending relationship
• To call/email an identified deafblind person at a mutually convenient time on a regular basis
• To enable the deafblind person to discuss topics of their choice
• To engage in conversations of mutual interest with a deafblind person and to provide encouragement to maintain the flow of conversation for the allotted time
• To provide advice and guidance to a deafblind person to a level appropriate within a mutual friendship.
• To provide regular updates of your volunteering activity to your named Deafblind UK contact
What times do I need to commit to?
This role requires a regular commitment of time, usually weekly.
The role will suit people who …
• Willing to share their own personal interests with member who have similar or the same interests
• Willing to engage in conversations with deafblind people to share interests
• Willing to learn communication and guiding techniques to meet the needs of the deafblind person / people (full training will be provided)
What are the benefits to you?
• Opportunities to meet like-minded people in your community
• Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
• The satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference to real people’s lives
• New communications skills
• Establishing positive employability skills to help you in your career path
How do we support you?
We ensure all volunteers who join our team are well equipped to undertake any tasks and will provide training and supervision throughout your journey with us. Any specific training will be outlined within your onboarding and induction stages and then discussed at your reviews with your named lead contact.
For more information and an informal chat, contact our recruitment team on 01733 316587 or email [email protected]
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
06 March 2020
- Hackney London
- £20.000 to £25.000
£20.000 to £25.000
25 July 2019
Systems Test Lead
- £ Negotiable
07 February 2020
Ground Worker Site Foreman
- Barnsley- Leeds Yorkshire Area
- Competitive daily rate
Competitive daily rate
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
06 April 2020
Project Procurement Manager
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
Engineering Manager - Sonars & CM
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
- £ Competitive
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering