Member Services Volunteer vacancy in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire ()
|Placed by:||Deafblind UK|
As a Membership Services Volunteer you may support with a number of the following activities:
• Contacting members on their birthdays
• Contacting members twice a year to see how they are, their wellbeing and if they require any further support from us (Wellbeing calls)
• Provide emotional support to members
• Assisting, maintaining and updating any information resources
• To respond to incoming communications from members, carers, professionals and others
• To make outgoing calls to members, carers, volunteers, professional bodies and other organisations, accurately recording each call
• Support in the housekeeping and maintaining of accurate records on our database
• Support with daily administrative tasks such as large mail outs and posting information of our services
• Updating spreadsheets and key data for various departments including HR, Recruitment & Business Support, including ad-hoc administrative tasks
• Welcoming visitors to the building as Volunteer Receptionist, ensuring a 1st class customer service experience is offered to all
What times do I need to commit to?
This role requires regular weekly commitment at our Head Office in Peterborough
This role would suit someone who …
• Is confident and has good communication skills but also someone who may be wanting to build their confidence levels
• Has good listening skills
• Has a warm, friendly and engaging telephone manner
• Can empathise with the pressures on deafblind people, their families and understand their need for support
• Good IT skills
• Is self-motivated with an ability to work on your own initiative, within the environment of a supportive team
• Able to enjoy interacting with our members from simple information calls to calls where Deafblind UK has changed their life, but also able to efficiently deal with emotional calls and callers (full training provided)
• Looking to gain experience in an office environment
What are the benefits to you?
• Opportunities to meet like-minded people in your community
• Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
• The satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference to real people’s lives
• New communications skills
• Experience of an office environment that can be added to a CV
How do we support you?
We ensure all volunteers who join our team are well equipped to undertake any tasks and will provide training and supervision throughout your journey with us. Any specific training will be outlined within your onboarding and induction stages and then discussed at your reviews with your named lead contact.
For more information and an informal chat, contact our Recruitment Team on 01733 316587 oe email [email protected]
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
05 February 2020
- Ballygawley, Co Tyrone, Ireland
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
06 March 2020
- Hackney London
- £20.000 to £25.000
£20.000 to £25.000
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
01 July 2020
Technical Leader Digital RF
24 June 2020
- Hackney, London
- up to £30k
up to £30k
22 June 2020
Parkguard Patrol Officer
- North London, North East London, West London and Hertfordshire
- £28,500 to £33,000
£28,500 to £33,000
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering