Fundraising Volunteer ()
|Location:||Cambridgeshire, Bristol, Yorkshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester|
|Placed by:||Deafblind UK|
We want you to make a valuable contribution to the success of the Corporate and Community Fundraising Team. You will use your flair, enthusiasm, communication skills and self-motivation to become part of the fundraising team to promote Deafblind UK in your community. This could involve running a coffee morning, pub quiz, a stall at an event, or speaking on behalf of the charity to potential supporters, attending cheque presentations or putting up posters. You will have the opportunity to organise events and engage your community in supporting us. All appropriate materials to support your role will be supplied by us including a volunteer fundraising pack with ideas for raising money and all the information you need to know. The Fundraising Team will be available to give you continuous support, advice and guidance.
The fundraising volunteer role can be varied depending on what you are comfortable doing. There are many activities that would help Deafblind UK, so you can be of tremendous assistance by even helping with some of the tasks below :
• Organising fundraising events within the local community – whether it be a quiz night in the local pub, a swim-a-thon or a classic coffee morning!
• Encouraging workmates, friends, family and the local community to join in the fun
• Ensuring events are run in line with Deafblind UK policies and procedures such as Health & Safety and Safeguarding
• Sharing your ideas and successes to inspire and support other Volunteer Fundraisers
• Working with the Fundraising Team to engage community organisations such as schools and places of worship in the work of Deafblind UK.
• Undertaking collections, including distributing collection tins
• Attending and supporting our fundraising events
• Support local fundraising and awareness events
• Putting up posters or handing out flyers
• Be a local contact for existing and new volunteers
What times do I need to commit to?
Your commitment can be short or long term, we are open to whatever precious time you are able to give, we will tailor your volunteering role to you, whether its once a month or every week, its your decision.
The role will suit people who …
• Have a warm, friendly and engaging manner
• Are active and engaged
• Have the ability to handle money
• Have the ability to work on own initiative
• Can empathise with the pressures on deafblind people, their families and understand the need for support
• Get on well with people from different backgrounds and work as part of a team
• Communicate effectively and confidently with a variety of audiences
• Can organise and run events, adhering to relevant policies and procedures at all times
• Have previous fundraising experience would be advantageous
• Can show a commitment to work within fundraising guidelines and policies
• Have a willingness to learn about deafblindness
• Have the ability to build and maintain relationships
• Are creative with a strong desire to raise funds
• Have an understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
What are the benefits to you?
• Opportunities to meet like-minded people in your community
• Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
• Opportunity to develop self-confidence, marketing and fundraising skills
• The satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference to real people’s lives
• Develop event management skills
• Establishing positive employability skills to help you in your career path
How do we support you?
We ensure all volunteers who join our team are well equipped to undertake any tasks and will provide training and supervision throughout your journey with us. Any specific training will be outlined within your onboarding and induction stages and then discussed at your reviews with your named lead contact.
For more information and an informal chat, contact our Recruitment Team on 01733 316587 or email [email protected]
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
10 February 2020
Mobile HGV Vehicle Mechanic
- Midlands Region
- generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering