Ground Worker Site Foreman (033ww)
|Location:||Barnsley- Leeds Yorkshire Area|
|Salary:||Competitive daily rate|
|Sectors:||Construction, Engineering, General, Health & Safety, Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our client is looking for A Ground Worker -Site Forman to join their growing team
Basic Job Requirements
• Be fit and able to work outside in all conditions
• Work with and interact with own and allied trades
• Work well within health and safety legislation
• Undertake a Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Test
• Measure and layout from site drawings
• Construction of site protection barriers
• Maintain a safe working environment and remove waste to designated areas
• Erect and dismantle site protection barriers
• Lay domestic drainage
• Build a brick inspection chamber
• Set out, install and test a drainage system
• Construct foundations, slabs and paths in concrete
• Set out for concreting work
• Construct a concrete path
• Use and maintain a range of hand tools
• Use and maintain a range of powered tools
• Use petrol-powered equipment - Petrol saw, petrol compactor etc
• Be willing to train and become competent in the use of plant; excavator, dumper, roller
• Learn how to read construction drawings and be able to intervene when mistakes are spotted
• Be willing to undertake any other duties or training that may be required to fulfil the role.
Additional competencies required of a site foreman
• Undertake supervision and management of groundworkers and machine operators
• Liaise with clients on a daily basis, understanding needs and requirements of contract
• Be able to read and work well from all site drawings, ensuring that at all stages throughout the project works are checked against specification and corrective actions are taken.
• To order materials as and when required to ensure that the work continues within programme and costs are maintained in association with project specification
• Work and communicate with office-based teams in health and safety, procurement, quantity surveying and plant and equipment management
• Complete required site documentation in-line with contract and legislative requirements
• Be able to conduct site inspections to ensure teams are working safe and that allied trades are not at risk from our undertakings
• Be able to operate plant and equipment as required, to ensure works are progressed
• Complete time sheets, day sheets and communicate to relevant people
Must have a driving licence - No more than 6 points
Must have suitable experience or qualification through demonstratable CV and references
Must have at least 5 years prior experience to undertake role
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
10 February 2020
Mobile HGV Vehicle Mechanic
- Midlands Region
- generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering