Freelance Operations Manager (036ww)
|Salary:||Competitive Day Rate|
|Sectors:||Admin, General, Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client provides a unique and immersive outdoor dining experiences for groups as well as private and corporate diners in a hidden 90-acre woodland estate within easy commuting distance of London, inspired by the wild ingredients that grow around them and they use locally sourced & sustainable seasonal produce to create each dish, often foraged from the land around them, and cook these on an open fire in the middle of a stunning woodland glade in front of our guests.
Our Client is looking for a Freelance Operations Manager to join their growing Outdoor Creative Team
• As Operations Manager your remit will be to manage each of our feasts and the team who run them from start to finish, ensuring that each person who visits our woodland has an unforgettable and unique experience.
• You will manage the rest of the team to ensure they are each carrying out the individual roles they have been assigned and use your initiative to ensure everything runs smoothly.
• You will be the main point of contact for both guests and staff. You will assist our chefs on the day of each event to ensure they are properly equipped to carry out their role and help co-ordinate staff and guest arrivals ensuring all paths are kept clear at all times.
• You will take account of all inventory and sundries twice a month and notify our administrative team when we require additional items so these can be purchased.
• You will take note of guest dietaries before each meal and ensure that our chefs and serving staff are notified in advance.
• You will uphold strict hygiene standards and ensure that food safety is adhered to at all times and keep a log of our food handbook.
• You will also be responsible for managing ongoing maintenance.
• From time to time there will be additional catering opportunities outside our woodland. You will be required to manage these.
• This is a freelance role requiring a minimum commitment of 12 hours a week. You will be required to work 1 day most weekends from April onwards and two additional weekdays in our woodland each month.
• This role is therefore ideally suited to an individual with an existing part time or freelance position.
• There is plenty of scope to grow into the role as the company continues to grow.
• To manage the setup of our hidden woodland alongside other members of the team placing key emphasis on design/
• Welcome guest arrivals providing welcome drinks & canapes/ Ensure guests are served during the meal ensuring you have a full understanding of each dish and all of the dietary requirements/
• Support and assist chefs as and when required/ Use your initiative to reach out to guests & act as an ambassador for the company. and be a credit to the company at all times/
• Keep track of inventory and notify HQ of any new stock required.
Desired Qualities and Skills
• A self-starter/ Previous restaurant, military or festival background/
• An eye for creativity and imaginative ideas/ High level of attention to detail/ Interest in bush craft & cooking over fire
• First Aid Trained, Level
• 2+ HACCP,
• UK Driving Licence Bonus are all a bonus
For more information, please contact Warren Wright, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 ext 1or Email: [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
10 February 2020
Mobile HGV Vehicle Mechanic
- Midlands Region
- generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering