RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer (037ww)
|Location:||East Hanningfield - Chelmsford|
|Sectors:||Electronics, Engineering, IT/Telecoms|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client is a major supplier of deployable UHF/VHF two-way Digital Mobile Equipment and Systems, their customers return year after year to hire or purchase the most advanced two-way radio equipment at the best prices, along with their high-tech accessories such as headsets and earpieces.
Manufactured by the most reputable names in the industry, such as Motorola, Kenwood and ICOM, the radio equipment they supply is proven, resilient and easy to use.
Our Client is looking for a RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer to join their growing team,
This role requires an enthusiastic, organised and dedicated individual who is comfortable working from ladders, scaffolding or a cherry picker.
The ideal candidate may be required to work occasionally at weekends depending on the needs of the business. You may be put on a call out rota. You may be required to work overseas and stay in various locations across the UK.
• Attend customer sites to carry out site surveys, ascertaining what equipment fits with their requirements
• Confirm quantities and customer requirements, providing full and detailed reports of equipment and tools required to carry out the installation
• To plan distributed antenna systems (DAS) and deploy systems for UHF/VHF two-way digital mobile
• Complete RAMS when required
• Attend customer sites to perform installations, including crane and vehicle installations and de-installations in any building and location required
• Ensure all installations are completed on time and to a high standard
• Reprogram radios at customer sites as required, liaising with customers as and when required to help diagnoses any problems
• Complete all relevant paperwork in the required time, e.g. job sheets
• Ensure the van is kept clean and tidy, remembering that you are representing the company whilst out in the van. Report and damages or defects to the Logistics Manager.
• Manage time to achieve the key performance indicators for the role and prioritise workload.
• Appraise own performance and contribute towards own development of the knowledge & skills required to achieve results
• Help and support in other departments within the building when required.
• Ability to work in a swift, efficient manner even while under pressure
• Always maintain responsibility for own Health and Safety, adhering to all company policies
• Report all accidents, injuries and near misses to the office immediately
• Carry out a thorough site test with the customer before leaving site after installations, obtaining a signature to confirm the original spec has been fulfilled (including taking photos pre and post installation)
• Ensure you have all equipment and tools required for your days’ work, attending site on time, liaising with purchasing to order stock accordingly when needed
• Contact the customer the day prior to install when you are lead engineer on a job. If you are working alone, you are the lead engineer.
• Maintain own knowledge and skills relevant to your role and the industry by attending suitable courses relevant to your role.
• Put customers and people at the heart of all activity ensuring the customers are always treated as people and people as customers
• Represent the company by own appearance and behaviours in line with the delivery of world class standards
Skills & Experience:
• Organised with an exceptional eye for detail
• Radio installation in all different types of buildings and vehicles
• Report writing, method statements and risk assessments.
• Knowledge of Microsoft office packages
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident working from heights
• Full driving licence, and full access to a vehicle
• Working within the RF spectrum (system planning, use of test equipment, spectrum analyser) (desirable)
• STEM background (desirable)
• Customer care knowledge (desirable)
• Maintain professional working relationships with colleagues
• Utilise the support available from other departments to maximum effect
• Engage with business wide initiatives that support charity, community and socially responsible business activity.
For more information, please contact Warren Wright, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 Ext 1or Email: [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
10 February 2020
Mobile HGV Vehicle Mechanic
- Midlands Region
- generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering