Repair Operations Engineer vacancy in Solihull (038ww)
|Sectors:||Electronics, Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Information Security|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client provides fully integrated service solutions for clients operating in market sectors where high technology telecommunications assets are employed.
They work in partnership with companies operating in the telecommunication, utilities, petrochemical, transportation, defence, and public sector technology markets.
They work closely with industry leading network operators and equipment manufacturers, creating partnerships that endure for the long term by consistently striving to deliver improved service performance, capitalise on opportunities to innovate, and rapidly resolve customer issues.
Operating predominantly in the UK, their goal is to provide full lifecycle support to their customers’ telecommunications network, delivering improved end customer satisfaction and delivering real bottom line impact.
Our Client is looking for a Repair Operations Engineer to join their growing Team working under and reporting to the Repair Operations Manager
To test, diagnose and, where capability exists, repair parts in accordance with the specifications and procedures.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Test and Repair telecommunications equipment to client requirements
• Work within all processes and practices as directed by the company including ESD, Health & Safety OHSAS 18001, ISO9001, ISO 27001 and ISO14001 accreditations.
• Highlighting any problems to Line Managers on order to correct any deficiencies.
• Ensure that all test specifications for stock are to manufacturer's or industry standard.
• Screen stock and return back to working stock with correct identification.
• Track all individual parts processed through the screening centre, maintaining a record of: - No fault found/fault identified; Last time part came into screening centre; Number of times part has been screened; Warranty status (where possible).
• Upgrade parts to the required revision of software & hardware.
• Break-down stock to lower order items and return to good stock as requested by client.
• Build higher order part from lower order items on request from client.
• Repair high level parts using lower order items.
• Self-motivated to develop and increase product knowledge
• Work within the defined budget and understand what needed to achieve financial targets
• Ensure that tools, test equipment and parts to meet projects demands
• To ensure that Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental objectives are met across the business, where necessary, customers are aware of company policies, including Companies Code of Conduct.
• Ensure that health & safety is adhered to at all times, including the safety of work colleagues, customers and suppliers in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Manual and documentation.
• Any other duties deemed reasonable and within the limitations of the job holder.
Requirement & Qualifications & Experience
• Component Repair and Screening experience
• PDH/SDH equipment, Digital Microwave, Datacoms, Power supplies, GSM Base Station, Switching Systems.
• ONC level education or equivalent
• Significant experience in test/repair to component level
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound knowledge of workshop techniques and safety practices
• Working with minimum supervision
• Ability to adapt to customer deadlines
For more information, please contact Warren Wright, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 Ext 1or Email: [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
24 September 2020
Logistics and Clinical Support Assistant
- £23k + Benefits
£23k + Benefits
24 September 2020
Ship Systems Controls & Diagnostics Trainer
- Gosport, Hampshire
- £32k + Benefits
£32k + Benefits
24 September 2020
Senior Strategic Systems Engineer
- Devonport, Bristol or Clyde
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering