Production Manager vacancy in Basingstoke (039jc)
|Salary:||circa £30-35k + Bonuses|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Health & Safety, Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the General Manager and you will have 2 direct reports and will be responsible for the hands-on day to day management of a team of 25 personnel.
You will be responsible for the achievement and maintenance of targeted levels of customer service, and the pro-active compliance and development of operational capability to achieve H&S, quality and productivity.
As the scope of role will typically consist of twenty plus staff including two team leaders or cell managers. The role will require a shorter-term planning horizon of 1 to 3 months, and longer term horizon of 6 to 12 months involving the purchasing of new machinery and development of new products.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
• Planning, organising, directing and controlling performance of all production cells achieving effective and efficient utilisation of all the plant’s personnel and machinery.
• Effectively communicating and ensuring adherence to established objectives, policies and procedure. initiating, as needed, recommendations for modifying established policies, procedures and objectives.
• The generation, review and appropriate actioning of key performance indicators for H&S, Quality, Delivery, Cost and team morale.
• Ability to identify, lead and implement improvement projects aligned to factory performance
• Oversee all major manufacturing improvements and Engineering projects including planning and coordination.
• Liaising with Internal IT software developers to ensure a parallel approach to company progression.
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on engineering background, but not essential. You'll be methodical and reliable, with an excellent attention to detail and have a passion for high quality manufacturing. You'll also have the following skills and experience:
• Demonstrable experience in managing manufacturing operations, scheduling and prioritising resources, preferred.
• Understanding of continuous process improvement in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience of operating health & safety and quality management systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• Detailed and accurate approach to documentation.
• Excellent relationship, communication & organisational skills.
• Self-motivated, determined to succeed and the ability to motivate others.
• Strong teamwork abilities and able to manage, train and mentor a shop-floor workforce.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and full training and development for the role as well as other benefits.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
26 February 2020
Service Support Engineer
22 November 2019
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- £ Competitive
18 February 2020
Repair Operations Engineer
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
26 May 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester based and covering UK Wide
- up to £22,800 to start + plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc
up to £22,800 to start + plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc
15 May 2020
Field Operations Manager/UAV Flight Tester
- Excellent Package
06 May 2020
Senior Software Engineer
- £ Competitive
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering