Applications Support Engineer vacancy in Basingstoke. (040ww)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Salary:||£35000 to $40000|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Electronics, Engineering, IT/Telecoms|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client is one of the leading companies in creating mission-critical communications solutions for public safety, transportation, utilities, natural resources, healthcare, and academic institutions and
Delivers interoperable end-to-end command & control systems across multiple industries and international markets., has established itself as the technology leader in connecting command centres with field personnel using radio and telephony technology and has coverage in over 70 countries.
Its solutions empower first responders with situational awareness by enabling console operators to provide them the right information at the right time.
Our Client looking for an Applications Support Manager to join their team, they will be responsible for providing technical support and training to customers, partners, resellers sales team with company products and will report to the Customer Fulfilment Manager
Education & Experience Required
• HNC/Degree qualified
• Experience in a technical and engineering support role
• Experience in at least two of the following areas:
Conventional and/or trunk radio systems,
Radio/telephony control room systems,
Digital radio system and/or data networks
Essential duties & responsibilities:
• Provide pre and post installation technical support to channel partners and customers primarily on all company’s products
• Manage on-site customer installations
• Develop and deliver customer-specific training programmes
• Investigate, diagnose, report and provide solutions to customer problems and/or escalates issues to management/ engineering as required
• Carry out customer acceptance testing, including system build and test, documentation of test plans and results, recording of as-built configurations and customer training
• Support factory product test activities as requested
• Participate in pre-sales activities as directed, including assisting customers in product selection, providing technical product information to Sales, etc.
• Organize and maintain accurate and up-to-date project and QMS records and files, including fault records, test result sheets, configured records and technical documentation as required by projects and QMS.
• Also includes organization and maintenance of time reporting records
• Provide weekly report of project status, progress made and areas of concern ensuring accurate records are maintained
• Investigate and repair returned products, including initial review/diagnosis, repair, and/or redirection of product to factory
• Maintain accurate and timely records of customer support activities, actions and commitments on the EFO Customer Support system
• Travel both internationally and domestically as required in performance of duties
• Participate in a 24/7/365 “On Call” support programme, providing “round the clock” support to customers, involving being contactable outside normal working hours for periods when on call
• Comply with and support all company policies, procedures and processes
• Required to perform the job functions in a safe manner.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities Required:
• Good working knowledge and understanding of radio and telecom systems
• Good working knowledge of IP/Data networking
• Knowledge of Server 2012, 2014 & 2016, SQL and Linux (CentOS) would be an advantage
• Ability to apply sound judgment and troubleshooting skills in resolution of technical problems
• Ability to successfully and efficiently perform multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficiency in conducting technical product trainings, demonstrations and presentations to customers, business partners and resellers in various settings, including customer sites, trade shows, etc
• Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey information clearly and accurately.
• Good listening and problem-solving skills with ability to determine solutions to, and answer questions related to, moderately complex technical problems or issues.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with high level of initiative and self-motivation
• Ability to think creatively and pro-actively
• Deep-rooted customer service ethic
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment
• Good working knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
• Willingness and ability to successfully pass a drug screen or other security screen as required by customer
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally and/or domestically
• Good working Windows operating systems such as XP, 7, 8.1 & 10
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
• Other duties as assigned by the Company
• Ability to travel Nationally and Internationally
For more information, please contact Warren Wright, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 ext 1or Email: [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering