Lead Systems Engineer vacancy in Portsmouth or Farnborough (044jc)
|Location:||Portsmouth or Farnborough|
|Region:||London and South East|
|Salary:||excellent salary and benefits package|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Electronics, Engineering, Management, Naval, Project Management, Space Technology|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Their organisation comprises teams of dedicated people, experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on their extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Their people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving.
As part of the Long-Term Partnering Arrangement (LTPA) my client has with MOD, a number of facilities and systems are maintained around the country to support the test and evaluation of military assets. They currently require talented engineers at various levels of experience to take key roles in projects investing in the maintenance and enhancement of these capabilities.
Working in diverse teams, you will be involved in projects supporting Maritime test and evaluation, operating from the early concept phase through to transition into service. These can involve multiple engineering and scientific disciplines, which can be both company personnel and third-party suppliers.
As a Lead Systems Engineer you will typically take on significant responsibility within development projects, often leading areas or the development of sub-systems. The role requires a broad application of systems engineering knowledge, from the establishing of user needs through to final delivery. Typically, you will work across a number of these areas and develop strong whole lifecycle experience.
Specific Domain Knowledge:
Dependent on the role, knowledge of, and experience in one or more of the following areas is beneficial:
• Radar systems – hardware and software elements
• Radio frequency transmission systems
• Sonar systems and underwater acoustics
• Electromagnetic measurement systems
• Underwater and/or littoral environments.
• Day-to-day leadership and management of engineering and technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs to contracted time, cost and quality that meet the customer’s requirements
• Collaboration with Resource Management as required to assign relevant technical work tasks to suitably qualified and experienced personnel
• Ensuring a consistent approach to the integration of engineering outputs across all platform tasks
• Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools for the delivery stream ensuring a coherent integration of engineering activity to meet customer requirements
• Effective capture and analysis of customer requirements
• Coordination of bids and estimates, generation of technical/solution strategies (e.g. Evaluation & Test Strategy), Technical Delivery Plans and work breakdown structures to support project cost plans and bids
• Production of appropriate Technical Assurance plans and ensuring adherence throughout the project lifecycle
• Identification of project technical risks and assisting the Project Manager with the management of them
• Compliance with business processes and ensuring engineering governance is robust and sound.
Scope and Impact:
• Mentoring of other Systems Engineering staff and activities as required
• Promoting consistent use of all systems engineering processes, methods and tools
• Supporting development and retention of a ‘world class’ capability to provide customers with independent technical advice
• Delivery of integrated engineering output that meets business objectives.
Key Decision-making areas of the Position:
• Selection of technical solutions
• Leadership and management of technical projects
• Coordination of the integrated technical output from the delivery team, including compliance with regulation.
Essential education, qualifications and training:
• Recognised engineering qualification to at least HNC or Degree standard
• Evidence of further learning and relevant training
Essential knowledge, skills and experience required:
• A good working knowledge of general Systems Engineering principles
• Excellent people management and communication skills
• Technical experience leading multidisciplinary teams in diverse delivery projects across the full engineering lifecycle
• Ability to generate technical solutions
• Ability to make sound judgements on integrated solutions
• Sound knowledge of technical governance.
Essential personal qualities and behavioural requirements:
• Recognised as a leader
• Good team player with good customer facing presence
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Able to stand behind judgement.
In return my client offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below: -
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants, 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working, Social and family events
• Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club, Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance, Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
26 May 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester based and covering UK Wide
- up to £24,000 to start + OT
up to £24,000 to start + OT
15 May 2020
Field Operations Manager/UAV Flight Tester
- Excellent Package
06 May 2020
Senior Software Engineer
- £ Competitive
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering