Vacancy - Force Safety Officer/HSE 055jc
|Salary:||circa £60k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Automotive, Health & Safety, Overseas|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Chief of Staff (COS) via the Assistant Chief of Staff (ACOS) and you advise the Force Commander (FC) on safety and occupational health functions in order to protect and preserve personnel and property against accidental loss. As the principal staff advisor and subject matter expert on safety and occupational health, the Forces Safety Officer (FSO) makes recommendations to the Commander on Force safety policy, standards and guidance as well as coordinates programs that ensure safe and healthful workplaces, procedures, and equipment. The FSO is assisted in the performance of duties by the Force Safety Officer Assistant (FSOA), which at this time is a Canadian Warrant Officer.
Therefore, your responsibilities will include:
• Serves as the principal advisor to the FC and COS on safety matters in the Force.
• Develop regular inspection programs and actions that ensure adherence to Force safety and occupational health procedures and prompt correction of unsafe acts and conditions.
• Review and evaluate programs for carrying out approved safety and occupational health policies and standards.
• Develop programs to provide safety and risk management training to military and civilian personnel, as well as provide hazard recognition and abatement training specific to work sites or activities.
• Investigate accidents to determine causes and prevent recurrence.
• Initiate accident prevention measures necessary to control hazards.
• Establish and sustain a repository of historical files and investigation reports for analysis in identifying trends and lessons learned.
• Establish the Force Safety and Occupational Health Advisory Council composed of key leaders designated by the Force Commandeer. This council will be chaired by the Force Commander or COS and meet at regular interval as determined by the Force Commander to discuss safety and occupational health related trends and make recommendations.
• Develop and implement programs to integrate safety and occupational health concerns into Force risk management procedures.
• Develop and update Force Standard Operating Procedures (FSOP and Safety Annexes for Operation Orders).
• Provide safety and occupational health related input to the formations Annual Report to the Rome HQ.
• Manage the Force safety budget and awards program.
• Coordinate with Force Contracts Manager (FCM) and the Facilities Engineering Officer (FEO) to address safety concerns with contractors and labour contract employees.
• Operate from South Camp (SC), but performs duty at FOB(N), remote sites, and accident scenes throughout the region as required.
• Supervise and mentor the FSOA in South Camp and subordinate CHC in FOB(N).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To be eligible for the role, you will need the following qualifications and experience:
• Education. Four-year university/college degree is required, but other applicants will be considered only if exceptional work skills with at least 10 years of experience are evident in the field of occupational safety and on vehicle fleet safety.
• Certification. An internationally recognized safety training certification is required, i.e. NEBOSH Diploma.
• Work Experience. Must have a minimum 5 years of working experience in the field of occupational safety and health. Must have some experience working with or for military organizations. Must have experience conducting formal and informal investigations of safety related incidents.
• Staff skills. Must have good communications skills, oral and written. Must be independently capable of preparing and presenting a briefing to VIPs (General Officer/Ambassadors), as well as being able to communicate fundamental aspects of safety to the user/operator level.
• Must possess computer skills with experience in the Microsoft suite of programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (including email), and statistic programs such as Charts and Graphs. Experience with SAP would be advantageous.
• Experience living in the Middle East is a plus.
In return they are offering a good tax-free salary package of $76,031 which is about £60k depending on exchange rate, as well as an outstanding benefit package, pension plan, as well as ongoing professional development program. You will also be entitled to 28 ½ days leave per year, with free flights, accommodation, food, insurance as well as a host of other extras that make this package outstanding.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
28 January 2020
- Wandsworth, London
- £30-35k + Benefits
£30-35k + Benefits
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
06 January 2020
- Tilbury Docks
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
06 April 2020
Project Procurement Manager
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
Engineering Manager - Sonars & CM
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
- £ Competitive
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering