Installation Service Specialist (059jc)
|Salary:||up to £35k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Construction, Electronics, Engineering, Health & Safety, Security|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for providing customer and technical support for installed systems that may be moderately complex. Services and supports existing customers by responding to service calls, carrying out Customer Support Programs and small projects business. Scope of work includes technical assistance, systems checkout of new and existing installations, troubleshooting and maintenance and repair routines associated with installed Security Systems and the installation of small or less complex projects.
• Responds to a variety of customer service calls, scheduled maintenance calls, and emergency and after- hours calls on a timely basis; will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug a variety of systems for more complicated problems; installs projects as necessary
• Identifies and resolves problems for most types of service calls including emergency calls; analyses repair requirements and provides customer with appropriate solutions; completes necessary repairs and replacements as needed; exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. May require originality and ingenuity in some situations.
• Completes accurate and detailed service reports for customer and my client to allow for accurate invoicing and job cost tracking.
• Acts as “our customer’s best service provider” at all times thereby ensuring my client is the customer’s first choice for service.
• Executes all service calls in accordance with company regulations as well as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses well-developed troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
• Provides technical support to end users and field labour when applicable. Seeks technical guidance from more experience staff for difficult and unusual situations.
• Using technical knowledge, skills and experience, may act as mentor for less experienced staff. May supervise workers in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
• Keeps up to date and informed on all company products, services and policies.
• Presents a professional image of my client at all times in appearance and behaviour and seeks opportunities to promote the services offered by the company.
• Communicates with and work with the other team members consistently to improve overall operations of the Company Technology Centre, and company.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• Exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted
• Solid technical skills and experience related to building automation systems, fire alarm systems, and/or electronic security systems
• Solid programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
• Must be a self-starter and work well with general supervision
• Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. work with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper)
• Frequent visits to jobsites are required. Minimal overnight travel is required. Valid driver’s license required.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple service needs simultaneously
• Proficient computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• C+G / ONC/ HNC in Electronics preferred or
• Relevant trade designation (e.g. Electrician)
• Minimum of two years of previous security systems field service experience required
• Experience in two or more of the following systems: C Cure 9000, CEM AC2000, Cardax, Lenel OnGuard, Casi Picture Perfect, Honeywell Winpak or Prowatch
There are physical demands while performing this role and you may have to move heavy equipment, as well as climb and work in high places. You may also be required to work in confined spaces, as well as working outside in all weather conditions. Risk of electrical shock and/or radiation is present.
Basic salary up to £35k, 5% annual bonus, 25 days holiday +bank hols, quality car, extra “fun and laughter” day off annually, mobile, laptop, pda, sponsorship for professional training plus lots of manufacturer certification training.
The ideal candidate would be someone who comes from a technical background, i.e. REME, RE, Royal Signals or similar in the Navy or RAF and has experience in looking after CCTV, Fire and Access control systems in the commercial sector.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
06 April 2020
Project Procurement Manager
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
Engineering Manager - Sonars & CM
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
- £ Competitive
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering