Component Engineer/Senior Component Engineer vacancy in Loudwater or Greenford (063jc)
|Location:||Loudwater or Greenford|
|Sectors:||Electronics, Engineering, Security|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are currently seeking to recruit audacious and highly capable people to work on cutting edge technologies and inspire their up and coming team members to deliver best in class results.
At the Company you will:
• be part of an agile organisation, with the ability to make a real difference
• have the opportunity to be involved in multiple domains and projects, throughout the engineering lifecycle
• work in a dynamic environment, with the ability to make significant personal impact
• have exposure to all functional and business areas, with opportunities to broaden your knowledge
• be in an environment where talent is recognised and promoted, independent of experience
• have the opportunity to work on exciting new product developments
• work for the dominant provider of UK surface ship Anti-Submarine Warfare solutions, with many related export opportunities
The Company has an exciting opportunity for a Component Engineer or Senior Component Engineer to join a newly created team that will support the Electronic and Mechanical Functions in their design activities. The successful applicant will work on a wide range of projects to maintain the engineering part records within the Company’s MRP tools (IFS and Windchill), monitor part compliance and life status (with IHS or similar) and support obsolescence studies as well as provide general support in the day to day usage of the MRP tools. As part of the Electronics Function this new team will also be responsible for managing parts in the ECAD database, producing IPC standard components that can be accessed by the Electronics Design Engineers across their three sites. This position requires a person willing to take a pro-active and flexible approach to investigating and mitigating component issues, with an excellent eye for detail.
• To monitor, manage and maintain parts databases (ECAD/MRP); ensuring records are up-to-date, are of adequate quality to meet the standards of the Company
• Support obsolescence studies and produce reports, covering full system, sub-system and individual board assemblies.
• Support design engineers in the development of technical solutions that meets the customer, legislative and business requirements.
• Responsible for providing planning and estimation input into Project Managers related to components management activities.
• Assist in the resolution of qualification, certification, compliance and safety issues.
• Support risk identification and mitigation activities related to component obsolescence or maintainability.
• Support the Electronic Function Lead to produce a set of processes and procedures for the component management activities.
• Act as Project Engineering Lead (PEL), or Work Package Manager (WPM) on one or more projects.
• Coach and mentor more junior Engineers (senior engineer level only).
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and with good inter-personal skills.
• Batchelor’s degree or equivalent in Electronics or a relevant subject, (Chartered status or Professional Registration is desirable).
• Familiarity with one or more MRP (IFS/Windchill) and ECAD (CADSTAR or similar)/MCAD (Inventor or similar) tools is critical.
• Knowledge of EMC standards, Environmental Compliance requirements and Electronic or Mechanical design principles.
• Experience of the whole Systems lifecycle within a defence environment.
• Knowledge of Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools.
• Demonstrable design experience is desirable.
• Eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
• Ability to travel occasionally to other Client sites (Weymouth, High Wycombe, Greenford)
In return the Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
15 September 2020
Trainee or Experienced Patent Administrator
- £22k minimum dependent on experience
£22k minimum dependent on experience
11 September 2020
Quality Assurance Lead
- 35k-45k subject to competences
35k-45k subject to competences
04 September 2020
Business Development Manager
- Remote, with frequent travel to London, U.K & Europe
- Circa £55,000 plus commission (no cap)
Circa £55,000 plus commission (no cap)
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering