Engineering Manager - Sonars & CM vacancy in Loudwater (066jc)
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are currently seeking to recruit audacious and highly capable people to work on cutting edge technologies and inspire their up and coming team members to deliver best in class results.
At the Company you will:
• be part of an agile organisation, with the ability to make a real difference
• have the opportunity to be involved in multiple domains and projects, throughout the engineering lifecycle
• work in a dynamic environment, with the ability to make significant personal impact
• have exposure to all functional and business areas, with opportunities to broaden your knowledge
• be in an environment where talent is recognised and promoted, independent of experience
• have the opportunity to work on exciting new product developments
• work for the dominant provider of UK surface ship Anti-Submarine Warfare solutions, with many related export opportunities
Purpose of Role
To provide Engineering oversight of a number of Sonar and Countermeasures projects within the Major Sonars Business Stream to ensure timely project delivery of compliant systems within the agreed budgets.
The Engineering Manager will work closely with the various Project Engineering Leads to ensure that the technical solution is sound, the engineering work is following process, the work is properly bounded with Work Packages, and there are sufficient resources deployed to meet the project timescales.
The Engineering Manager will represent the projects in a range of meetings with the wider stakeholders, including Resource Conflicts, Cross-Functional and Exceptions Reviews.
The Engineering Manager will also liaise closely with the Capability Managers and Business Leads in supporting bids and proposals relevant to the area by reviewing and approving the cost estimates and planning for their delivery.
Dependent on the project allocation and experience, the applicant may be able to take on the Project Engineering Lead of one or more projects or R&D tasks within the Business Stream.
• Ensuring all projects have the appropriate level of Work Package Management applied, with regular review and reporting of progress against the Work Packages
• Supporting the Project Engineering Leads in the delivery of their projects by ensuring all aspects of the delivery are being considered and that company processes are being followed
• Ensuring there is a coherent strategy for the delivery of the various projects within the Business Stream
• Reviewing the risks across individual projects and the wider business area and ensuring suitable mitigation strategies are in place
• Supporting the Functional Leads and Project Engineering Leads in the allocation of appropriate resource, and for resolving resource conflicts within the Business Steam
• Ensuring that the Forward Load across the Business Stream is up-to-date and accurate for the current projects and future opportunities
• Early identification of project issues impacting compliance, schedule, milestones or costs, development of mitigation and/or recovery strategies and appropriate escalation to the Senior Management Team
• Ensuring Internal Research and Development work within the Business Stream is properly resourced, planned and conducted.
• Supporting the Project Engineering Leads in the development and delivery of design reviews
• Working with the Business Lead to present the position of the projects at Cross-Functional and Exceptions Reviews
• Supporting the Bid Manager and Capability Managers in the development and review of the cost books for future opportunities with the Business Stream
• Providing mentoring to the Project Engineering Leads
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• Experience of leading or overseeing complex projects
• Degree level (or equivalent) in engineering discipline
• Working knowledge of sonar desirable
• Used to dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and senior management
• Experience across the whole project lifecycle, from bids and proposals through to in-service support
• Ability to disseminate a wide range of technical information from subject matter experts
• Experience across a wide range of engineering disciplines, preferably in the defence sector
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Good time management and ability to switch efficiently from one task to another
• Able to present complex information to senior managers and customers in a clear and concise fashion
• Abele to travel within the UK and occasionally overseas
• Confident manner
• Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet security clearance to SC level.
In return the Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering