Field Operations Manager/UAV Flight Tester vacancy in Guildford (071jc)
|Sectors:||Aviation, Management, Sales|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be part of the senior management team and reporting to the MD your role will be a pivotal role within the company as you will play a key part within the companies current and future operations, planning and growth.
Your role will be a multi-faceted within the company and you will have several different responsibilities which will include:
• Logistics Operations, making sure equipment and personnel are available and in place to run demo’s both in the UK and overseas, which will include organising shipments, clearance certificates etc when going overseas as well as dealing with no-fly zones etc.
• Attending demo’s and demonstrating the equipment to end users, dealing with questions and queries from the clients and understanding what their needs are and offering solutions as well as feeding back to the engineering teams to perhaps adapt and modify the offering.
• Dealing with bids and tenders, making sure that the companies offerings are fulling mapped out and are compliant with what the request, again liaising with the engineers to fully understand the technical aspects and making sure that the documents are well presented and formatted.
• Testing of equipment, to make sure that it is functional and meets both the end pilots and clients needs, as well as making sure that the operational documents, service schedules etc are fully compliant and up to date.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• Relevant flying experience, preferably with a valid pilot’s licence. Instructor and instrument ratings would be advantageous. Comparable military qualifications are equally welcome.
• A good understanding of the technical, operational, and environmental factors affecting UAVs.
• Operating experience with small and medium sized drones, preferably including beyond line-of-sight flying.
• Able to offer support for other technical, operational or management skills across the programme
• Excellent IT skills.
• Logistics and operations skills.
• 2 years + Business Experience after the military would also be highly advantageous
• Willing to travel both across the UK and overseas to show the companies equipment and capabilities.
The ideal candidate would fall into one of the following types, a recent military leaver who has operational experience of flying and maintaining small to medium sized UAV’s, preferably rotary than fixed wing, probably at SNCO/Officer level, or someone who has left the military over 2-3 years ago, who has been operating in this sector and is looking to join a dynamic and growing organisation.
In return they are offering an excellent base salary depending on experience and knowledge as well as a negotiable benefits package which is designed to attract the best individuals in the sector.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
08 April 2019
- Competitive Salary
03 February 2020
Pre /Post Sales Engineer
- Ely, Cambridgeshire
06 March 2020
- Hackney London
- £20.000 to £25.000
£20.000 to £25.000
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering