Principal Software Engineer vacancy in Greenford (079jc)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are currently seeking to recruit audacious and highly capable people to work o cutting edge technologies and inspire out up and coming team members to deliver best in class results.
They require a talented individual who has strong technical skills across the full spectrum of the software development lifecycle. The development role will contribute to a wide range of projects and applications in the underwater battle space arena including torpedo defence and counter measures, advanced sonar applications, vessel signature analysis and exciting new technologies for long range detection and localization. This position would suit a flexible analytical engineer with a broad interest in software technologies coupled with a proven ability to deliver critical software components into complex product development. A demonstrable ability to technically lead a small team is an essential characteristic for this role.
• Requirement Analysis
• Software architectural and detailed design - UML
• Design implementation – C++
• Formulation of integration and test strategies
• Managing work packages
• Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management.
• Technical leadership
• Working with Analysts to develop processing algorithms
• Production of formal documentation throughout the development lifecycle including requirements specification, detailed design and test
• Planning and estimating
• Configuration management – SVN, WindChill
• Adherence to company engineering processes
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• C++ (or other high level OO programming language) in a multi-threaded implementation environment
• Windows / Linux
• UML – Rhapsody or Enterprise Architect
• GUI ergonomic design and development
• Digital signal processing (audio/image processing/sonar/radar)
• Real time operating system development environments
• Understanding of networking (TCP-IP, Serial etc.)
• Driving Licence
• Self-disciplined, adaptable, proactive
• Innovative, able to adapt to alternative solutions/technologies
• Good communication skills – verbal and written
• Good financial estimating and scheduling capability
• Analytical, problem solving and technical leadership skills
• Methodical, with attention to detail
• Able to work independently or within a team structure
• Must have or be able to achieve SC clearance
• Must be able to work from either their Greenford or Loudwater sites
• Degree (with a strong computing or engineering slant)
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering