Principal Systems Engineer vacancy in Portsmouth (083jc)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Sectors:||Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Naval|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
As a Principal Systems Engineer within my client’s maritime division you will take on significant responsibility within development projects, often leading areas or taking responsibility for the development of sub-systems. Working in diverse teams, you will be involved in projects supporting Maritime test and evaluation, operating from the early concept phase through to transition into service.
Working on a range of Royal Navy projects, they provide support and development to military communication systems and installations – from legacy systems through to future technologies their Systems Engineers work through the full engineering lifecycle in a collaborative working environment. They are at the forefront of assuring sovereign naval capabilities and work with partners across the world to apply new technologies to ships, submarines and unmanned systems to ensure maximum operational effectiveness.
• Technical leadership and management of engineering and technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs to contracted time, cost and quality that meet the customer’s requirements.
• Leadership and involvement with: analysis and capture of customer requirements, collaboration with resource management, integration of engineering outputs to various platforms, coordination of bids and estimates, generation of technical/solution strategies (e.g. Evaluation & Test Strategy), production of appropriate Technical Assurance plans, identification of project technical risks, ensuring compliance with business process and engineering governance is robust.
• Mentoring of Systems Engineers, promoting consistent use of all systems engineering processes, methods, and tools to support the development and retention of a world class capability in order to continually provide customers with expert individual technical advice.
Specific Domain Working Opportunities:
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas (Beneficial):
• Radar systems – hardware and software elements
• Radio frequency transmission systems
• Sonar systems and underwater acoustics
• Electromagnetic measurement systems
• Underwater and/or littoral environments
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
• Technical experience leading multidisciplinary teams in diverse delivery projects across the full engineering lifecycle, demonstrating an expert understanding of Systems Engineering principals and methods.
• Excellent team and stakeholder engagement skill, able to influence teams and decisions as a recognised leader and SME
• Ability to make sound judgements and impactful decisions
• Experience with generating technical solutions with sound knowledge of technical governance
• Recognised engineering qualification to at least HNC or Degree standard with evidence of further personal development
• In possession of, or able to attain SC Clearance
Why join my client’s company?
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals they continue to grow into new markets around the world, there has never been a more exciting time to join my client. The formula for success with my client is the appetite for innovation and courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. Joining offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting-edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
In return they are offering:
• Full-Time, Permanent Position (37Hr Contracted Week & Flexi Working)
• Annual individual and company related performance bonuses
• Pension - Up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Share Incentive Plan
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• Flexible Working, Social and family events
• Multiple health, leisure, childcare, medical and retail discounts
My client comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security, and related markets, if you feel that you meet the requirements for this position please click apply and we will be in contact.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering