Technical Account Manager vacancy in Daresbury, Manchester (094jc)
|Salary:||Excellent Basic, outstanding OTE|
|Sectors:||Construction, Cyber/IT Security, IT/Telecoms, Project Management, Sales|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Head of Service in Daresbury, and you will be responsible for managing all the technical aspects of the company’s relationship with their assigned customers. The Technical Account Manager (TAM) will work collaboratively with their customers by developing a working knowledge of their goals, technical challenges and infrastructure configurations to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
Through a detailed understanding of a customer’s infrastructure, the TAM will become a trusted technical advisor working to develop solutions that match the customer’s business requirements. Technical Account Managers hold regular review meetings with customers for discussions on any problems and issues and work with the Account team and wider company to find effective solutions to those issues.
The TAM will also look to identify areas where a customer can reduce support costs and offer improved service. Working with the Senior Account Manager the TAM will work with customers on service performance and advise on new products and services. The TAM will work closely with the customer and operational teams to continually improve customer environments and delivered services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage, plan, and develop the in-life customer infrastructure and develop the delivered environment in-line with the business requirements of the client;
• Responsible for developing strong, high level client relationships across all business areas;
• Manage, update, and amend all assigned customer technical documentation as required;
• Helping to maintain and achieve the service availability outlined in the customer contract through proactive investigation and remediation activities.
• Able to handle complex situations with the client and effectively negotiate potential issues or areas of conflict, facilitating a 'win-win' situation where both parties have a comprehensive solution;
• Work closely with TDA’s, engineers and professional services to understand and improve customer IT;
• Establish and maintain a role as trusted technical advisor to customers and colleagues;
• Maintain awareness of the customer’s configuration, assets, and services life cycle, delivered and manage, update and amend all assigned customer technical documentation as required;
• Liaise with relevant operational team leads for resource to facilitate the completion of Continual Service Improvement Plans (CSIP) & projects;
• Perform capacity planning through regular reviews of systems capacity reports;
• Assist in the Change Advisory Board being the Company’s representative and feeding back on any outcome of changes raised and implemented;
• Assist in the review of Major Incident Reports and Root Cause Analysis reports commenting as required and monitoring completion of actions to prevent recurrence.
Please note that this job description is subject to ongoing review as new demands and best working practises are considered, agreed, and implemented.
• Previous experience of working in a similar customer facing / technical role is essential;
• Excellent communication skills – oral and written, with the confidence to communicate effectively at all levels;
• Cloud Architecture - Knowledge and understanding of Private and Public Cloud (Azure and AWS)
• Understanding of managed services
• Data centres services, including co-location services
• An understanding of Storage Area Networks and storage devices; including VCE stack and Data domain;
• An understanding of Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 VMware, Hyper-V and Linux (RHEL & deriv.);
• Knowledge of Back up process and rotations;
• Cisco and HP switching and routing;
• Networking possibilities including Firewalls, WAN, LAN and WiFi;
• DR and failover for systems and solutions;
• Understanding of monitoring technologies;
• Process oriented and customer focused;
• General business acumen / understanding and analytical skills;
• Comfortable presenting to client technical teams (high level);
• Working with and orchestrating 3rd parties, when working with our clients;
• Excellent understanding project life cycle from conception to completion;
• Good understanding of ITIL framework, roles and responsibilities.
• Analytical, with exceptional attention to detail
• Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
• Reality based Optimism i.e. perseverance, determination.
• Learning Based agility
• Self-motivated and looking for challenge
• Proactive thinking
• Problem management and solving
• Intuitive and balanced decision making
• Conceptual thinking
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Innovative thinking, in terms of service quality and improvements within the boundaries of the business’ limits (resource, budgetary, legal etc.)
• Patience, tolerance and resilience.
• Team player – understands the importance of teamwork;
Internal training on products and services will be provided. However, staff are expected to consistently keep abreast of new developments, which would impact on their areas of responsibility. Personal training in relation to this job description will be given as part of the company’s overall personnel development program.
Conditions of Employment Salary:
The salary and benefits for this position will be determined according to the experience of the person appointed.
The nominal working week is 37.5 hours, although a degree of flexibility is both offered and expected. In specific circumstances there may be a requirement to work additional hours. Annual holidays are 24 days plus 7 statutory holidays.
Applicants are advised that Security Clearance or relevant security clearance will be requested to assist with the decision-making process. Disclosure information will not be used unfairly, and criminal records will not necessarily prevent you from being successful in your application. A copy of Company’s policy on ‘The Recruitment of Ex-offenders’ and ‘The Secure Handling, Use, Storage and Retention of Disclosure Information’ is available to all applicants on request
The ideal individual would be seeking to join a world leader and has significant experience particularly with IT / technical sales arena.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
23 November 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester Base and covering the UK
- starting at £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
starting at £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
23 November 2020
AJT (Advanced Jet Training) Qualified Instructor
- RAF Valley
- Excellent Package
18 November 2020
Trials Manager Static Trials
- Southend-on-Sea, Essex
- Up to £41k + Benefits
Up to £41k + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering