Trainee or Experienced Patent Administrator vacancy in Cheltenham (100jc)
|Salary:||£22k minimum dependent on experience|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to one of the partners and your work will be varied as you would expect from a progressive private practice. They encourage their team to develop their technical and legal interests. Their offices are in the beautiful spa town of Cheltenham in the popular Montpellier area, a short walk from restaurants and shops.
They are seeking to expand their Patents Department and require a Patent Administrator to work closely with other Patent Administrators, in providing an efficient and excellent service to thier ever growing clientele.
This is a diverse role in a friendly and supportive working environment, and you will eventually be included in all aspects of patent administration, which is likely to include:
• Preparing documentation for submission at Patent Offices
• Dealing with incoming post and instructions from clients and associates and actioning accordingly
• Accurately entering and monitoring deadlines on our in-house record system
• Answering incoming calls and answering queries via email, and, over time, giving basic patent advice and guidance to clients
• Liaising with our Accounts Department and invoicing clients appropriately
• Basic legal secretarial work as required, including making appointments, reminding attorneys and Director of appointments, meeting and greeting clients and visitors to the building
• Liaising with other support staff to ensure that the above points are met
• Any ad hoc duties as deemed appropriate by the Director and attorneys
Full training will be provided with the option of taking the CIPA Patent Administrator course in the future. However, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• Ability to use own initiative and be a great team player
• Proficient with computers, especially the Microsoft Office suite
• Keen eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills with the ability to multitask
• Strong written communication skills as well as a good telephone manner
• Previous experience in a customer-orientated environment or administrative role
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with ever-changing priorities
• Fast and accurate typing skills
• Able to deal courteously and efficiently with a wide-range of people in a legal environment
The ideal candidate would be probably an ex AGC or similar, who has good attention to detail and has a meticulous approach to their duties.
In return they are offering a minimum salary of £22k for a basic trainee dependent on experience, 22 days annual leave rising to 25 after 3 years.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
15 September 2020
Trainee or Experienced Patent Administrator
- £22k minimum dependent on experience
£22k minimum dependent on experience
11 September 2020
Quality Assurance Lead
- 35k-45k subject to competences
35k-45k subject to competences
04 September 2020
Business Development Manager
- Remote, with frequent travel to London, U.K & Europe
- Circa £55,000 plus commission (no cap)
Circa £55,000 plus commission (no cap)
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering