Lab Manager/Crypto Custodian vacancy in Greenford (108jc)
|Region:||London and South East, South West|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, General, Security|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They provide innovative, mission-specific, bespoke technological solutions to their customers’ most complex problems. They provide systems for the maritime, C4ISTAR-EW (command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, acquisition, and reconnaissance – electronic warfare), military and commercial aerospace, nuclear, and industrial sensors markets and with 4,000 employees, they span the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange
My client’s engineers work on the most difficult cybersecurity challenges in order to protect our national security and critical infrastructure; they strive to protect what matters. It’s they come to work. It’s what they are good at. The Company pride itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities.
Therefore, your role will be to manage the two Greenford and one Gloucester Communication Systems Business Unit engineering labs in a safe, organised and efficient manner and your key responsibilities will consist of:-
• Ensures the engineering labs, users and practices are compliant with the applicable regulatory requirements (Electrostatic Discharge, (ESD), Health & Safety, low-voltage sections of The Electricity At Work Regulations) in order to provide a safe working environment.
• Enforces the engineering lab rules so that equipment and products are treated in accordance with best practice.
• Implements the required Crypto handling rules and legislation (as per JSP490 and JSP491) and ensures that all users of the labs handle Crypto as instructed.
• Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of GFX equipment, and their return to customer post project completion.
• Assigns equipment to projects, keeps a record, and ensures that this is returned in working order at the end of the project.
• Previous experience of managing an electronic engineering lab preferred.
• Knowledge of ESD and Health & Safety best practices and regulatory requirements preferred.
• Experience of looking after a shared resource and ensuring resource users follow the required process and procedures.
• Experience of government crypto handling rules and legislation and associated processes and procedures.
• Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, DV security clearance.
The ideal candidate would probably be someone from a technical trade from either the Signals or similar background and who have passed their Crypto Custodian course during their military service.
Every employee is critical to the Company’s success and as such they offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Greenford office has an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition, you will receive:
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• 4x your annual salary in life assurance
• Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
• Pension Scheme
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
19 October 2020
- Haddenham, Buckinghamshire
- £20-22k + O/T
£20-22k + O/T
19 October 2020
Class 2 driver with HIAB
- Haddenham, Buckinghamshire
- £12-13 per hour + O/T
£12-13 per hour + O/T
19 October 2020
- £11.42 p/h. 42 Hour week
£11.42 p/h. 42 Hour week
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering