Senior Support Engineer vacancy in Swansea (122ww)
|Salary:||£24 - 30k subject to experience|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our client is looking for a Senior Support Engineer to join their growing team,
They are currently going through a period of rapid growth and are looking for outstanding talent to join the expanding team. They support employees who want to better themselves and challenge themselves daily.
You will have a high level of ownership and responsibility of your work and you will be a respected member of the team.
Role: Senior Support Engineer
Mid-management role acting as the senior member of a small team of support technicians and apprentices, providing industry-leading customer services and network support/maintenance to our customers and their end users.
Location: Possible WFH role - To be discussed at interview/Occasional travel to Swansea Head Office or if local based at Head office
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Salary: £24 - 30k subject to experience
Working Hours: Permanent, Full time - 40 hrs. per week Mon- Fri
What you’ll be doing - main duties:
● Acting as the senior member of a small team, team leading and being their go-to person for advice and support
● Collating data on performance (identifying KPIs against SLAs) to ensure that the team are following agreed processes for ticket management
● Technical leadership to all support team members, addressing areas for improvement and recognising good performance.
● Being the first point of contact before snr managers, dealing with escalations, client complaints, working with your team to ensure complaints are resolved; working with field engineers and projects to learn from escalations in an effort to reduce them.
● Creating and handling tickets from users or operators of our Wi-Fi networks via email, chat, contact forms or phone
● Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints and processing refunds
● Providing advice for getting users connected to our Wi-Fi networks, giving advice on pricing and tariffs, using self-service tools such as whitelist or clear voucher
● Answering questions and provide advice on our products and services to b2c and b2b customers
● Processing orders, forms, payments, and requests or making proceduralised changes to systems and user accounts
● Management of training end users on how to use our Wi-Fi and document findings to help build knowledge base, articles and scripted responses.
● Reporting on help desk performance, customer satisfaction, reviews & SLAs
● Implement basic troubleshooting fixes to resolve customer issues including giving end-user device operation guidance, whitelisting, rebooting network equipment and locating/making changes to customer access credentials.
● Renewal of maintenance contracts or subscriptions for b2b or b2c customers.
● Fulfil change and service requests from site operators relating to customer WLAN service or operation.
● Managing improvements to the customer experience through automation and process improvements.
● Development of scripts and tools where required to aid workflow and efficiency and resolve internal system problems.
● Manage fault tickets, ensuring regular and comprehensive updates whilst working with engineers and field team in fault finding and resolving issues across our networks and keeping customers updated on progress
● Maintaining documentation such as drawings, network diagrams and configurations
● Working on a flexible basis during the peak holiday season and be on-call if required on weekends if required
● Administer, maintain and improve Wireless Network estate (WAN, LAN, WLAN) using monitoring systems and tools to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve current and potential issues
● Planning, administration and maintenance of wireless channels and WLAN performance
● Reading and interpreting site survey results from tools and validating WLANs
● Monitor, administer and maintain broadband connectivity and relationships with suppliers
● Configuration and maintenance of guest captive portal and guest access methods and payment gateways
● Keeping internal documentation updated i.e. network topologies, maps and asset registers
● Manage logistics process for break-fix repairs
● Analysing network performance, identifying recurring issues, highlight any trends, identify root causes and implement improvement projects
● Building and configuring of network equipment such as routers, switches, Wi-Fi access points or radio links for subscribers, projects or repairs which includes related logistics process
● Planning and coordinating field engineers or contractors for break-fix activities, projects or new subscriber installs
● Working with engineers and projects to ensure relevant training material and SOPs are regularly created and delivered through training sessions
● Designing, planning and preparing BOMs for network improvements or upgrades
● Planning and undertaking field engineering visits to resolve WAN, LAN and WLAN faults
● Occasional travel within the UK may be required
● Mentoring and organising junior support technicians or technical advisors
What we’re looking for - key skills, experience and qualifications:
● Proficient in customer services and technical support
● Understanding of wired and wireless network architecture, specifically Wi-Fi technologies and associated configuration & installation requirements
● Can demonstrate a good understanding of the configuring and deployment of networking equipment such as switches, wireless access points, broadband routers, network controllers, and POE
● Understanding of network cabling patching & terminating; copper and fibre and basic electrical concepts
● Proficient in troubleshooting networking and connectivity issues with a number of different devices (Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, laptops)
● Able to use remote support tools such as TeamViewer, SSH, VNC
● Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of desktop processing, spreadsheets and working in a cloud environment
● Possess an understanding of ITIL or similar support desk principles
● 3 years + experience working in a 1st, 2nd and 3rd line network support environment or internet service provider
● 3 years + experience supporting, administering, operating and maintaining wired (LAN) and wireless (WLAN) networks
● 3 years + experience troubleshooting and resolving network problems i.e. IP addressing, DHCP, DNS, VLANS, 802.11x and RADIUS
● Experience of Wireless Point to Point, Point to Multipoint networks
● Experience with working with 3rd party contractors and suppliers
● Experience with configuration, administration and troubleshooting WAN/broadband connectivity Ethernet/Fibre, ADSL, FTTC.
● Experience with reading surveying indoors, outdoors and LoS along with use of network and Wi-Fi survey tools and interpretation of results
● CCNA networking certification
● CWS (CWT/CWNA) Wi-Fi certification
● Foundation degree in Computer Science or related subject
● Prior experience in a team leader role
● Experience operating or administrating Cambium or Ubiquiti wireless equipment an advantage
● Working knowledge of Linux, scripting, automation and databases i.e. Python, PHP, SQL) and experience with designing workflows
● Strong leadership skills
● Excellent customer service and care
● Organised and focussed on delivering an exceptional customer experience
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail even when working under pressure
● Strong communicator in order to collaborate successfully with network technicians, suppliers, customers and managers.
● Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to quickly evaluate a situation and prioritise correctly
● Confident and articulate with excellent telephone manner
● Enthusiastic, with the drive and determination to succeed
● Proactive and ability to see the gaps in process and fill them!
● Ability create a positive working environment
● Ability to influence the attitudes of others to be the best and succeed
● Commitment to keep up to date with latest technological developments
● Tenacious, with the ability to drive change through an organisation
● 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays plus an additional birthday day
● Opportunity for ongoing training and development
● Company pension scheme
● Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks for employees and Perkbox perk scheme with discounts and freebies from some of the UK’s biggest brands
● Free broadband to home after 1st years service completed
Specific role benefits:
● Working from home a possibility and can be discussed during interview
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 ext 1, or [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
23 November 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester Base and covering the UK
- starting at £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
starting at £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
23 November 2020
AJT (Advanced Jet Training) Qualified Instructor
- RAF Valley
- Excellent Package
18 November 2020
Trials Manager Static Trials
- Southend-on-Sea, Essex
- Up to £41k + Benefits
Up to £41k + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering