Wireless Network Engineer vacancy in Swansea (123ww)
|Salary:||£30 - £40K subject to experience|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our client is looking for a Wireless Network Engineer to join their growing team,
They are currently going through a period of rapid growth and are looking for outstanding talent to join the expanding team. They support employees who want to better themselves and challenge themselves daily.
You will have a high level of ownership and responsibility of your work and you will be a respected member of the team.
Role: Wireless Network Engineer
Senior role supporting the design, build, and lead technical overseer of new installations and management of current wireless networks
Location: Swansea Head Office
Reporting to: Managing Director
Salary: £30 - £40K subject to experience
Working Hours: Permanent, Full time - 40hrs per week Mon- Fri
What you’ll be doing - main duties:
● Researching, surveying, designing and implementing wired and wireless networks, including all engineering specifications and resource requirements for network hardware and software
● Surveying, designing, planning and implementing of PtMP networks
● The primary lead engineer for all wireless and wired networking solutions
● The primary lead on network performance, continuous improvement and user experience including authentication and payment processes
● WAN design and network capacity planning
● Lead in technology oversight, equipment strategy and R&D
● Supporting, troubleshooting and solving issues
● Conducting and documenting wireless network surveys
● Producing quotations and bills of materials for new projects / pre-sales engineering
● Specifying and ordering the hardware and assisting the build of the solution
● Project managing the installation including liaising with customers regarding projects
● Writing standard operational procedures and setting standards within the business
● Producing technical documentation (designs, manuals, config files, maps, as-built asset registers etc.) for both customers and internal uses
● Training and developing staff knowledge and understanding of new equipment
● Travel all over the UK and work out of hours to meet business needs
What we’re looking for - key skills, experience and qualifications:
● Previous experience working within an ISP/WISP
● Knowledgeable about all aspects of network technology with 2 years or more years experience in LAN/WAN engineering and design work; designing, deploying, configuring, troubleshooting and administering wired and wireless networks
● Expert hands on experience with cabling, network equipment and containment installation/commissioning (routers, switches, cabernets, PoE etc) plus fault-finding wireless and wired networking infrastructure
● Experience in Wireless Point to Point, Point to Multi-Point 5GHz & licensed/semi-licensed frequency equipment (i.e. Cambium, Siklu)
● Valid UK Driving License
● 5 years or more years in LAN/WAN engineering and design work; designing, deploying, configuring, troubleshooting and administering wired and wireless networks
● Relevant professional networking or wireless certifications such as the Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP), CWNA, CCNA or equivalent
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
● Hands-on experience with Cambium cnPilot or PMP, Silku/IgniteNet, Ligowave/Ubiquiti or equivalent
● Previous experience using Ekahau site survey software / hardware
● Hands-on experience configuring and deploying WAN routers (Mikrotik, Draytek)
● Hands-on experience configuring and deploying managed switches/controllers
● Experience planning and configuring RADIUS/ePSK/dPSK or using wireless/network controllers i.e. RG Nets or Mikrotik
● Experience planning and running projects
● Previous roles may include: Wireless Engineer, Network Engineer, Pre-Sales Network Engineer
● Highly organised
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Strong communicators in order to collaborate successfully with network technicians, suppliers, customers and managers
● Strong leadership skills
● Enthusiastic, with get it done attitude
● Drive and determination to succeed
● Proactive and ability to see the gaps in the process and fill them
● Ability create a positive and influence the attitudes of others
● Commitment to keep up to date with latest technological developments
● Tenacious, with the ability to drive change through an organisation
● 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays plus an additional birthday day after first year
● Opportunity for ongoing training and development
● Company pension scheme
● Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks for employees and Perkbox perk scheme with discounts and freebies from some of the UK’s biggest brands
● Free broadband to home after 1st year of service
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
23 November 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester Base and covering the UK
- starting at £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
starting at £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
23 November 2020
AJT (Advanced Jet Training) Qualified Instructor
- RAF Valley
- Excellent Package
18 November 2020
Trials Manager Static Trials
- Southend-on-Sea, Essex
- Up to £41k + Benefits
Up to £41k + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering