Maintenance Operative vacancy in Acton, London (132jc)
|Salary:||£18 – 22,900 + Location Allowance|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor or Area Facilities Manager.
You will be responsible for and ensure the upkeep, general maintenance, safety and security of the Service’s buildings, grounds and outdoor equipment as well as supporting cleaners in their role if needed.
Therefore, your principal accountabilities will include:
• Undertake general repairs and maintenance and generally upkeep the buildings, and site to ensure that they are maintained to a high standard.
• Plan & carry out duties in an efficient and tidy way, with due consideration for your own safety and that of staff, service users and visitors and in compliance with NAS Health & Safety policies
• Prioritise and plan repairs to ensure, as far as possible, minimum inconvenience & disruption to the Service and to ensure that your time is used productively and effectively
• Be pro-active in identifying maintenance issues/defects and act to minimise cost and disruption to the service by either carrying out repairs yourself or by organising 3rd party contractors in a timely manner
• Promptly record and report any defects & issues of concern beyond the skills and scope of this post to your line manager in order that they (or you) can organise external contractors to carry out repairs in line with agreed policies & arrangements
• Carry out planned & regular maintenance such as emergency lighting, fire alarm & legionella checks in accordance with NAS guidelines
• As required, facilitate maintenance work by specialist contractors and supervise and allocate work needed. Ensure the contractors are made aware of and comply with the Service’s Health & Safety Regulations and of any Health & Safety risks and hazards within the areas of their work and check their activities regularly to ensure compliance.
• Attend out of hours call outs, or remain on site, to carry out emergency/urgent repairs, or attend on external contractors as required to ensure the service can function pending permanent repairs.
• Carry out repairs to furniture, fixtures and fittings where possible and safe to do so.
• Carry out minor redecorations projects
• Ensure the site and buildings are kept tidy at all times by ensuring excess building materials, rubbish and litter etc is removed promptly and disposed of correctly
• Maintain tools and equipment & ensure they are kept in good working order & safe/secure when not in use.
• Identify requirements and maintain adequate stocks of essential parts and materials safely and securely
• Assist with relocation/moving of furniture and equipment as required by the service manager if safe to do so and in line with Manual Handling policies
• Carry out driving duties as required by the school or service. Carry out regular vehicle maintenance checks and report or organise repairs in accordance with hire agreements & NAS vehicle policy & procedures. Ensure vehicle(s) are fit for the road by undertaking routine checks of lights, tyres, oil and water, to maintain the safety of the driver and goods. Maintain records in accordance with NAS policy and raise issues of concern with your line manager
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Able to demonstrate relevant experience in building general repair and maintenance
• Able to demonstrate good practical skills in building general repair and maintenance
• Able to communicate effectively with staff and suppliers / contractors
• Awareness of vehicle maintenance
• Dealing with contractors and suppliers
• Relevant practical skill qualification such as City & Guilds
• Full UK Driving Licence desirable
As part of this role you will also need to pass an enhanced CRB check, as you are going to be dealing with children.
In return they are offer a fair salary which has an additional Living allowance of £1598 which is added to the salary package.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
11 May 2021
Cabinet Maker / Joiner
- £13 - £14 per hour, DOE, 40 hours a week plus overtime
£13 - £14 per hour, DOE, 40 hours a week plus overtime
27 April 2021
High Voltage - Senior Authorised Person
- Milton Keynes/Home Based
- Exceptional Salary
23 April 2021
Senior Sales & Business Development Executive
- Remote OR South East OR North West
- £45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
£45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering