Senior Sales Executive vacancy in Home Based (133lw)
|Region:||Midlands, South West|
|Salary:||£60,000.00 - £70,000.00|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Cyber/IT Security, Cloud, IT/Telecoms, Overseas, Sales, Senior Appointments, Security|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our client’s success in the defence and security niche has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also, being as good as the very best as an organisation.
Our client is the British Standards Institute's reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001 (Quality Management). Their agility enabled them to gain certification to ISO27001 (Information Security) several years before some of the household names they work with followed suite. They are also an Investor in People, achieving the IiP Gold Standard.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, our client fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
Main Purpose of Job
You will be reporting to the Head of Sales and you will use incoming and self-generated leads to maximise revenue generation through the consultative selling of client’s solutions and technology.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Capable of completing the role with minimal supervision you will:
• Sell clients cyber security solutions and technology to Defence, Security and Wider Government Agencies in the UK and Europe, generating revenues and margins in line with targets.
• Build and manage a credible sales pipeline that enables sales objectives to be met.
• Update clients’ CRM tool with detailed activities and next steps to provide full visibility into key accounts, opportunities and forecasts.
• Leverage, promote and collaborate with clients sales channels and partners as appropriate.
• Be a client brand ambassador in the marketplace, participating in industry events and forums.
• Manage accounts to ensure full penetration of client’s solutions.
• Engage client resources effectively in the pursuit of business including marketing, pre-sales and, where necessary, for larger scale strategic opportunities product development.
• Provide support to bids, as required.
• Maintain product knowledge.
• 4+ years of relevant and related industry sales and/or pre-sales experience.
• Demonstrated track record of driving sales account revenue and exceeding revenue targets through consultative selling, supported by a current and effective network that has allowed you to do business successfully.
• Thorough understanding of Public Sector sales cycles and a successful track record in negotiating and closing sales
• Proven ability to demonstrate solution value to key prospects at ‘Senior Officer level’ combined with the knowledge and aptitude to present and explain the technical elements of product or services.
• Ability to co-ordinate the end-to end activities from pre-sales through to post sales to ensure excellent levels of engagement and service throughout the process.
• Either holding UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Deep and broad understanding of the UK MOD market, particularly Defence Digital and the Front-Line Commands. A range of deep relationships within UK MOD. Must be able to open doors and communicate at 1* level and above.
• Knowledge of the cyber security market.
• Ability to sell a range of capability, including outcomes, services and solutions
• Familiarity with Pipedrive.
• Understanding of NATO.
• “Customer side” experience of working within a UK Government Defence or Security organisation.
• Good understanding of Cyber Security and/or ICT technologies.
The client encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. The client will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
The ideal candidate would probably be someone from a Royal Signals or Comms background who has experience in this market place and who has a “blackbook” of contacts within this sector.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
23 November 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester Base and covering the UK
- starting at £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
starting at £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
23 November 2020
AJT (Advanced Jet Training) Qualified Instructor
- RAF Valley
- Excellent Package
18 November 2020
Trials Manager Static Trials
- Southend-on-Sea, Essex
- Up to £41k + Benefits
Up to £41k + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering