Calibration Team Leader vacancy in Southall, Middlesex (143jc)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Managing Director and you will have a team of 4 to 5 technicians and engineers reporting to you and you will be at the forefront of the team as an exceptional leader, developing talent and driving improved employee engagement through inspiring and motivating others. Taking overall responsibility of a Workshop Product Group Repair and Maintenance team, providing repair and maintenance services to customers, you will use your communication and influencing skills to develop and grow relationships internally and externally.
Responsible for delivering good quality product to the customer on time and line with estimated/established product costs. Using best practice and continuous improvement techniques ensure deliveries are made on time and in full, ensure any costs associated with non-quality are actively reduced, and other cost improvements are highlighted and implemented to improve the prime margin of the Workshop Product Group.
Therefore, your main duties and responsibilities will include:
• To manage and be responsible for the day-to-day activities of a Workshop Product Group Repair and Maintenance team and its technical staff.
• Meet the relevant business KPI targets for the Product Group including but not limited to: product gross margin, product on time delivery, product waiting time, product labour content, product team efficiency.
• Work with Quality, Customer Service and Purchasing to ensure products and services meet KPI targets.
• Establish staff capacity and utilise resources effectively including management of staff holiday.
• Liaise and co-operate with other Product Team Leaders to ensure the most efficient use of personnel across the Workshop Product Groups for the business.
• Establish/maintain a quality culture within the workshop.
• Be accountable for the compliance of the relevant Workshop Product Group and its quality procedures.
• Be accountable for the repair and maintenance process, maintain control throughout the area of responsibility including maintenance of bench units and test equipment.
• Undertake equipment repair, overhaul, or calibration as appropriate.
• Carry out final inspection, as necessary.
• Assist with and resolve technical and non-technical problems to ensure minimal loss of production.
• Provide customer liaison with any technical issues.
• Be aware of material and labour costs, ensuring that gross margin is met for each product within the area of responsibility.
• Be aware of material shortages that may affect performance of the Workshop Product Group to deliver product and bring these to the immediate attention of the relevant person.
• Assist purchasing in managing spares re-ordering / stock holding
• Visibly maintain status of WIP and be able to provide up to date information on product availability.
• Maintain and improve TAT (turn-around-time), quality, cost effectiveness and Product Group efficiency.
• Provide leadership to other team members to realise business objectives and targets.
• Provide written and oral feedback on performance of staff as required.
• Manage and address staff related issues as required, following the appropriate company guidelines and procedures.
• Be responsible for organising training of staff and maintaining the training records and skills matrices.
• Assisting in the recruiting and selection process as required.
• Work as part of a team, act in a professional manner, and convey a positive and constructive approach.
Other Responsibilities/Non-essential Functions
• Undertake training that is identified as a requirement of the role as identified by the role Manager.
• Undertake all other reasonable requests that are made by the role manager/acting manager or Directors.
• At times of reduced department staff attendance there will be a need to be flexible and provide support outside of the normal tasks of the job to ensure customer satisfaction.
• On occasion you maybe required to take on ad hoc duties which include, but is not limited to: training, department associated tasks and brief secondment to other departments.
Standard Company Responsibilities
• Take responsibility for understanding the Standard Operating Procedures and how they are applied to the role.
• Always adhere to Health and Safety requirements.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies requirements.
• There is a responsibility on all employees to bring to the attention of their manager any issues that could potentially affect the business, regardless of how small they may seem at the time.
• All duties within this job description should be carried out in line with any Company policies and procedures in place at the time.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
• Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience, with a preference of an Engineering Degree, ideally Aerospace or Avionics
• Significant IT skills
• Excellent management/supervisory skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A proven track record of working in a senior supervisory/ management role within a dynamic operations environment and having dealt with staff performance issues, preferably within a technical aerospace or aviation background.
• Experience of coaching and mentoring
• Able to demonstrate a commercial aptitude
• Experience of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques
• Full understanding of regulatory requirements appertaining the supply of product for the Aerospace industry
• Experience of working within a manufacturing, or repair and maintenance environment
• Full current driving licence
• Able to work effectively with minimum supervision
• Able to travel to other company and customer sites
• Able to work additional hours at busy times
• Due to nature of business security clearance will be required, so holding current security clearance would be highly desirable.
This would be an ideal role for someone from the RN, RAF or REME, probably Sgt to Warrant Officer level who has run and lead teams working in and around either Aircraft or Helicopter fleets. You will also need to have experience ideally in calibration of test equipment including signal generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, avionic “ramp” test equipment such as transponder and DME test sets, navigation test sets.
In return they are offering an exceptional salary, working a 37 hrs week and other benefits include Life Assurance, 25 days Annual leave plus 8 public holidays, Car park on site and after successfully completing probation you will be enrolled to a “Perkbox” benefit.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
14 June 2021
Service & Installation Technician
- £30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
£30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
14 June 2021
Trainee Geotechnical Engineer
- Hugglescote, Leicestershire
- £21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
£21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
11 June 2021
RF Radio Telecommunications Senior Engineer Supervisor
- 35- 40K
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering