Data Centre Security Manager vacancy in Farnborough, Hampshire (181jc)
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Head of Security and you will be responsible for the Farnborough site consisting of a campus with five data centres and a List X facility located on a client site nearby. The role will also be responsible for managing the security at our London sites, currently one at Enfield with another three coming online in the next three years at various locations in and around the M25.
Therefore, your key responsibilities and duties will include:
• Responsible for my client’s physical security and vetting performance – compliance, system operations, business continuity, people engagement and performance.
• Will integrate across all business functions to ensure consistent service delivery.
• Supports the strategy, vision and mission for Live Services planning and delivery.
• Contributes to and supports the creation of the company culture – its values, behaviours and owned common purpose.
• Leads by example and honours company values and behaviours and is an ambassador for the company.
• Will directly manage and lead the Cody Park Security Team.
• Will ensure the existence of clear supporting procedures for the Cody Park Security Team to operate within.
• Will professionally and appropriately act to address any areas of underperformance.
• Oversee and report on the manned guarding contract, maintaining an effective performance management process.
• Identify and report on physical security weaknesses.
• Initiate and conduct physical penetration tests and undertake security scrutiny (physical weaknesses and processes) using observation tests, site knowledge tests and assignment instructions. Test emergency procedures and incident response.
• Develop, author and update Campus instructions based on operational requirements within the Company Security Instructions and corresponding policies, protocols and monthly security reports.
• Support the Vetting and Clearance Procedure for all direct employees and sub-contractors in support of operational requirements.
• Contribute to the Client Monthly reporting structure as required.
• Will support as the security representative in support of audit and accreditation evidence (internal and external) as required.
• To carry out the Crypto Custodian function alternate after receiving the appropriate training from Defence Cryptographic Services.
• Assist with the on-boarding of new clients.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following experience, skills & qualifications:
E = Essential D = Desirable
• Qualification in Security Management (E)
• Qualification in Management (D)
• Experience in Managed Security Contracts to include budget management. (D)
• Managerial experience of a contractor service. (D)
• People Management Skills (E)
• Attention to Detail and Observational Skills (E)
• Communication Skills (E)
• Previous experience of liaising and co-ordinating Emergency Service Response (D)
• Previous Vetting Interview Experience (D)
• Crypto Custodian-appropriate training from an approved provider (Defence Cryptographic Services) – training course can be arranged by my client (D)
• Working knowledge of:
1. JSP 440 (E)
2. HMG SPF (E)
3. Security Risk Management (E)
4. CPNI CSE/LPS standards (D)
5. F102s (D)
6. List X compliance (D)
7. General all round PS knowledge – defence in depth methodology (E)
8. Ability to brief senior members of staff on any security incidents etc. (E)
9. Overseeing third party security providers (D)
10. Able to engage with clients and client security teams. (E)
11. Counter sabotage/Operational Resilience – desirable but not essential
As well as additional requirements
• Interpersonal Skills
• Computer Literacy of the Microsoft Package
• Current security clearance would be advantageous however candidate must be able to attain DV (my client will sponsor the candidate through the process with (UKSV).
• Needs to be commutable to the Farnborough site as this will be the base location. (E)
As this is more of a physical and not an IT security role, the ideal candidates would probably be coming from a more traditional policing/guarding background who have experience looking after high security sites, i.e., RAF Police, MPGS, RMP and possibly RN personnel.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
07 April 2021
DV Cleared Security Officer
- £11.42 Per Hour
£11.42 Per Hour
19 April 2021
- Central London
- circa £40,000
06 May 2021
Security Guard Day Shift (Office Hours)
- Bristol (Harbourside)
- Excellent Package plus benefits
Excellent Package plus benefits
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
11 May 2021
Cabinet Maker / Joiner
- £13 - £14 per hour, DOE, 40 hours a week plus overtime
£13 - £14 per hour, DOE, 40 hours a week plus overtime
27 April 2021
High Voltage - Senior Authorised Person
- Milton Keynes/Home Based
- Exceptional Salary
23 April 2021
Senior Sales & Business Development Executive
- Remote OR South East OR North West
- £45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
£45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering