BFI Mechanical Field Service Technician vacancy in Fairford (191jc)
|Salary:||£30 – 34k + Benefits|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Service Manager and your role will be to manage the day-to-day communication and activities of the customer base, attend site and complete CompEX Mechanical inspections, PPM tasks and remedial work. Scheduling and deployment of a CompEX Mechanical by self and service Manager. Planning, quoting and completing all required reports, certificates required for the task carried out.
Therefore, your job responsibilities will include:
• To provide first point of contact, liaison within the company for all customers who require service, technical support, risk assessments and method statements preparation/ proposal of possible new opportunities for further work.
• Update at least on a weekly basis the schedule for themselves and technicians assigned to them, including over time approval, holidays, sickness time and send to the Service Manager, on a weekly basis.
• Ensure ALL relevant paperwork is returned to the office, including work sheets and reports within a timely manner. No more than 1 week behind.
• To provide purchasing of all necessary PPE, tools and equipment required to undertake any given contract or project and manage this to work within the contract budget.
• To provide regular feedback of information within their customer base including all potential business opportunities to the Sales team or Service Manager.
• Undergo audits and site inspections as required by Service Manager or General Manager to improve standards at all times.
• Liaise with Service Manager on sub-contractor selection and approval, timescales and parts costs.
• Manage the health and safety issues related to themselves and those required by their clients, Service Technician(s), sub- contractors and liaise with health and safety, and HR consultant as required.
• To ensure strict confidentiality is observed, when dealing with client and staffing information.
• Investigate and report to the Service Manager any breach of company policy by those Service Technicians responsible.
• Willing to undertake any other work in any other areas or activities of the business as required.
To be eligible for this role, you will need the following Qualifications, skills and experience:
• N.V.Q Level 3 Engineering Maintenance - Optional
• Engineering Modern Apprenticeship - Optional
• C&G Mechanical Engineering or equivalent - Required
• Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Mechanical Engineering - Optional
• CompEx 11 Mechanical in Hazardous Areas – Required – However Optional if run out of date or has enough experience to then complete.
• Double & Single skin Pipework fitting, valves, tank Gauging knowledge - essential
• OFTEC 600A – Tank installation and Maintenance – Required
• Pumptronics, Tokheim, Gilbraco & Wayne pump dispenser experience - desirable.
• Confined space – Able to work in confined spaces - essential
• Working at Height – Able to work at height - essential
• Clean Driving Licence - Essential
• Over 3 - 5 years of experience in an engineering environment, experience with hazardous areas, MOD BFI’s MTFI’s and tank inspections maintenance.
• IT skills particularly Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Excellent customer facing skills with a minimum of 5 years working in a customer facing environment.
• Ability to manage them self & others effectively with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Commercially astute to recognise business opportunities when they arise.
• Willingness to travel inside and outside the UK to client sites.
• Willingness to work overtime as required ensuring business needs are met.
• Willingness to do professional development training to enhance both technical and personal skills.
Types of equipment offered, supported, worked and supplied (dry goods & service support) by my client includes:
• Meter and register equipment, TCS, Isoil, Avery, Veeder Root (VR).
• Fuel Dispensers – Tokhiem, Gilbarco, Pumptroincs.
• CompEX Mechanical & Electrical PPM’s, remedial work and project works.
• VR gauging, metering (mechanical & digital). VEGA, Endress, Varec
• Tank gauging, control, alarm systems and all pipework.
• Tank Tightness testing, NDT testing.
• Fuel Sampling testing
• Valves (Cla-valves, OCV valves) and control systems for any fluid or product
• TCS Europe formed from TCS USA, headed up by my client since Oct 2016.
• Meggits – aviation couplings – new partnership since 1st June 2017. Not only supply, but service support for the whole of the UK and North Europe.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has a strong engineering background from a BFI background and/or aircraft refuelling, so either RLC Pet Op, or RAF or RN equivalent, so if you tick the essential requirements and most of the desirable, please feel free to apply as they will give training in the areas that you will need.
In return they are offer an excellent starting package which will depend on experience and knowledge, with progression after completion of probation and over time up to double time for weekend working. You will also be provided with a Company Van and Fuel Card, phone, and laptop.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
16 March 2021
Telecoms Field Engineer
- Glasgow (Scotland)
16 March 2021
Telecoms Field Engineer
- Manchester - North of England
02 April 2021
Internal Sales Engineer
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
23 April 2021
Senior Sales & Business Development Executive
- Remote OR South East OR North West
- £45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
£45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
22 April 2021
Sales Principal – Cloud Sales Specialist
- East Yorkshire
19 April 2021
- Central London
- circa £40,000
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering