Electrical Design Engineer vacancy in Sutton Coldfield (201jc)
|Salary:||Up to £55k + Car Allowance|
|Sectors:||Construction, Consultancy, Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
If you're an Electrical Engineer with building services experience but looking for a new challenge and to widen your experience of other technical disciplines including controls and building management systems within the dynamic data centre design and build sector, then this may be the role you seek. As this is a client facing role, you will be spending about 20 -30% of your time at client’s sites as well.
Based within my client’s multi-discipline engineering design team in Sutton Coldfield, you will be customer facing and will play an integral role in producing electrical designs for data centre design & build bids including supply (transformers & switchboards), standby power systems, general power, lighting. In the production of bids, you will work closely with other design team engineers, post sales you will provide guidance to technical site operatives in the installation of electrical systems and associated services.
They are looking for an enthusiastic engineer with excellent modelling, design, technical, and software skills who enjoys working collaboratively in a multi-professional design team, taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results. You will have solid or extensive experience in the field of Data Centre’s or Building Services Engineering. You will be committed to your own professional development and looking for challenging work to develop your engineering skill.
• Undertaking electrical design elements for projects of varying scales.
• Working closely with customers and other design engineers.
• Managing the production of drawings.
• Preparing and co-ordinating electrical reports and specifications.
• Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs.
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to technical site operatives and junior members of the team.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following qualifications & skills.
• Degree in electrical engineering, building services, or similar.
• Minimum of 3 years in the building services or data centre industry.
• Highly technically capable in design of electrical building systems, experience of data centre infrastructure an advantage but not essential.
• Experience of Amtech Electrical Design Software.
• CAD proficient, experience of VISIO an advantage.
• Experience of Controls Software or Building management systems an advantage but not essential.
• Able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen.
• Able to quickly develop successful customer relationships.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is essential.
• Excellent planning and organisation skills.
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
• Knowledge of current regulations, best practice and emerging technology.
• Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
• Must be able to travel, driving licence essential.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and car allowance of £4,200 per year as well as 25 days holiday and company pension scheme, after qualifying period.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
23 April 2021
Senior Sales & Business Development Executive
- Remote OR South East OR North West
- £45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
£45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
22 April 2021
Sales Principal – Cloud Sales Specialist
- East Yorkshire
19 April 2021
- Central London
- circa £40,000
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering