Head of Driver Engagement vacancy in Solwezi, Zambia (205jc)
|Salary:||up to $6,000 per month net|
|Sectors:||Logistics/Driving, Management, Overseas, Senior Appointments, Training|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the country manager and your role will be based on the following:
• Ultimately responsible for all driver training and management throughout the Group’s geographic footprint.
• Recruiting and managing a team to create the best driver training and management set-up possible.
• Ensuring every site across Africa is operating to the same standards and procedures.
• Adopt international best practice and methodologies in order to deliver the best service, to the highest standards, possible.
Therefore, your specific areas of accountability and responsibility include:
• Ensure 100% accuracy driver data base and driver availability across all Group locations.
• Design and deliver driver training plus maintain training records ensuring 100% driver competency and training requirements are met.
• Reduce Driver Management Escalations to a minimum by ensuring 100% driver escalations are fully investigated and resolved in compliance to Company SOPs and Drivers working Terms and conditions.
• Establish and maintain forced differentiation driver ranking system ensuring a 10%, 20%, 40%, 20%, 10% a bell curve grading system clearly communicated to drivers and linked discipline and rewards structure.
• Implementation of regular Road Patrol checks ensuring driver professionalism whilst in transit. Focus on GPS Tampering, cargo safety and vehicle maintenance.
• Actively support road fright lead to ensure driver briefing and debriefing process are followed, all route risk assessments and fuel ratio calculations are accurate.
• Preparation of thorough weekly reports clearly identifying areas for improvement.
• Actively support Alistair Group’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality vision and values.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following qualifications, skills and abilities.
• A minimum of University Graduate Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent vocational experience in Transport / Logistics service support / Training Design and Delivery.
• LEAN SIX SIGMA (Desirable).
• Project Management (Desirable).
• Safety Management (Desirable).
• Systems Approach to Training (Desirable).
• Leadership skills to motivate and inspire team members.
• Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems.
The ideal candidate would probably come from a driver training or logistics operation and would probably be a SNCO/Officer level who is able to understand the issues and problems the company has and has the ability in implement a program to improve and maintain standards within my client’s group.
Due to the location of the site, this role would probably suit someone who is either single or with children have already left home, as the local schools are of a good standard, but the nearest international school is based in the Country Capital which is over 150 miles away. Also, this role is an expat role and there is no rotation, and you will have 4 weeks off annually.
In return, they are offering a good Ex-pat salary, with all accommodation, food, flights medical covered by the client.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
02 April 2021
Threat Landscape Analysis Consultant
- Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France
18 May 2021
Telecoms Radio Systems Engineer
- Manchester - North of England
- £35K - £37K
£35K - £37K
18 December 2020
Senior Sales & Business Development Executive
- Remote OR South East OR North West
- £45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
£45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
14 June 2021
Service & Installation Technician
- £30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
£30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
14 June 2021
Trainee Geotechnical Engineer
- Hugglescote, Leicestershire
- £21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
£21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
11 June 2021
RF Radio Telecommunications Senior Engineer Supervisor
- 35- 40K
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering