High Voltage - Senior Authorised Person vacancy in Milton Keynes/Home Based (211jc)
|Location:||Milton Keynes/Home Based|
|Region:||London and South East, Midlands, North East, North West, Scotland, South West, Wales|
|Sectors:||Construction, Engineering, Renewable Energy|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
This role is highly varied and requires a flexible approach to work to ensure the successful completion of time critical work for clients. Typical voltage range is 11kV/33kV but may include up to 66kV/132kv. Senior Authorised Persons will oversee and involve themselves in maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning works with extensive high voltage IDNO networks. As a Senior Authorised Person be able to work autonomously and be totally focused on the tasks at hand.
As a Senior Authorised Person (SAP), you will be passionate about safety and will promote this throughout your team and to all Contractors on site, comfortably challenging any unsafe behaviours or attitudes. You will have strong communication skills, with the ability to deliver technical training and advice to less-experienced colleagues. You will also use your people-management skills to effectively achieve results from your team of direct and indirect labour, as well as Contractors.
Therefore, the role will be:
• EHV Senior Authorised Persons are required to ensure the delivery of a number of key client’s projects.
• Experience of EHV and HV project delivery, EHV and HV maintenance and protection work is essential.
• The successful applicants will predominately be working on private networks, carrying out maintenance and protection works to the customer’s specifications.
• Operational responsibility for all maintenance, repairs, installations, and commissioning work for clients within a designated area on overhead and underground networks from LV to 33kv level
• Planning and organising scopes of work on behalf of clients.
• Liaising with clients to ensure shutdown duration and procedures are understood and agreed.
• Responsible for the delivery of all HV projects, maintenance and protection works.
• Issuing of safety documents on private network EHV and HV OHL & UG networks
• Switching on private network EHV and HV OHL & UG networks
• Responsible for the effective resourcing of labour, tools, and equipment necessary to complete all assigned works.
• Required to perform standby duties for fault response and emergency situation on a rota basis.
• Familiar with private HV and Distribution Networks, combined with a good working knowledge of High Voltage Protection Relays, Telecontrol Systems, wiring and schematic diagrams.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
• Previous experience as an HV OHL & UG SAP
• Previous experience on HV DNO and private networks
• Senior authorisation up to and including 66kV.
• Minimum 5 years electrical experience of distribution systems at 11 – 132kV
• Minimum 2 years switching experience.
• To have a proven track record operating as an SAP in hands on capacity from within a recognised utility or HV power contractor, or a client side DNO
• Senior Authorised Persons must conduct themselves with authority and confidence.
• Full UK driving licence as extensive travel will be involved.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has experience in working with very high voltage and is able to hit the ground running.
In return, they are offering an excellent starting salary, company vehicle, fuel card, mobile phone, laptop, as well as overtime for on-call hours at weekends and Bank Holidays.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
11 May 2021
Cabinet Maker / Joiner
- £13 - £14 per hour, DOE, 40 hours a week plus overtime
£13 - £14 per hour, DOE, 40 hours a week plus overtime
27 April 2021
High Voltage - Senior Authorised Person
- Milton Keynes/Home Based
- Exceptional Salary
23 April 2021
Senior Sales & Business Development Executive
- Remote OR South East OR North West
- £45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
£45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering