Telecommunications Survey Engineer vacancy in Cranbrook, Kent (225ww)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Salary:||£200 to £280 per day depending on experience|
|Sectors:||Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Initial 3-month contract, start immediately.
Location: Cranbrook, Kent
Salary - £200 to £280 per day depending on experience.
Our client is a very small radio communications consultancy with 3 main areas of business:
• Field measurements and drive-test surveys
• Technical consultancy analysing data, writing reports and planning radio system coverage.
• Product sales of in-house developed ‘arise’ system for tetra system monitoring.
They have customers all over the world including recent projects in the USA, Saudi Arabia and Oman as well as the UK.
Over the last 20 years the Company has been operating as a 2-man company with the owner and an offshore based software developer teaming up with other independent consultants from time to time and want to have their own team of Telecommunications Survey Engineers and Technicians and take on bigger contracts.
At the moment the client currently has a drive-testing contract with one of the UK leading networks and are expecting to gain more of this business in the future.
Initial Contract Description: 3 Months
• Prepared to travel all over the UK, staying away from home for typically a week at a time.
• Carry out drive-testing 4G coverage in the UK as contract demands,
• To erect temporary masts and set-up on tops of buildings or green-field sites and measure the coverage from a vehicle using test transmitter, spectrum analyser and PC software in the vehicle as well as navigation software.
• Knowledge of mast erection using 5m and 25m height and antenna propagation.
• Ensure data is collected reliably and identify any problems or faults with the equipment, troubleshooting and fixing where possible.
• Coordinate with the office to ensure you have permission to go on site and present a professional image to the site owners.
• Ensure that all work is carried out safely and follow Company policies Health and safety.
• Good communication skills writing and verbal.
• Work weekends when working away from home if needed.
• Previous drive-testing/site verification/field engineer experience preferred.
• HND or equivalent in an engineering subject preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working with radio communications such as 4G, TETRA.
• Familiar working with Windows and spectrum analysers
• Proven RF engineering background
• Good technical understanding of radio principles and practice
• Strong trouble-shooting skills, able to spot when something is not right and fix it.
• To be able and willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Experience towing a trailer and must have a clean driving record. (Cat B+E for trailer)
• To be able to work in small teams or part of a 2-person team.
• Be able to pick things up quicky, need to be reliable, dependable individuals.
All training courses will be provided for Equipment and software.
Valid training certificates for following would be a benefit but if not held then training will be given:
• Asbestos Awareness
• Manual Handling
• Rooftop Safety and Access
• RF Safety Awareness’
No mast climbing, or rigging is involved.
After the initial contract there will be a possibility of extending the contract or becoming a full-time employee to work on a broader range of projects which will include other drive-test or radio survey and projects in the UK or abroad.
Working away from home Fuel and vehicle
• £15 per day overnight allowance extra.
• All expenses for hotels and evening meal (not lunch) to be paid against receipt or put on company card.
• Company car to be provided with fuel paid against receipts or put on company card or alternatively it might be possible to use your own car if suitable and a mileage rate paid.
If you are looking to take your career to the next level?
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
Or apply on the website www.ex-mil.co.uk or contact me on 0333202 6500 Or Warren- 3936 or just call me on my mobile 07488241572.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
14 June 2021
Service & Installation Technician
- £30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
£30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
14 June 2021
Trainee Geotechnical Engineer
- Hugglescote, Leicestershire
- £21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
£21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
11 June 2021
RF Radio Telecommunications Senior Engineer Supervisor
- 35- 40K
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering