Telecoms Radio Systems Engineer vacancy in Manchester - North of England (232ww)
|Location:||Manchester - North of England|
|Salary:||£35K - £37K|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Information Security, Management, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client is a fast-growing SME in the radio communications sector. With offices across the UK, its principal areas of business are systems design and installation, sales of equipment, equipment hire, repairs and maintenance and aerial and airtime rental.
Our Client is looking for Telecoms Field Engineer to join their growing team to provide RF Engineering Support in the field for their customers and further afield and Operations in the North of England.
The Telecoms Field Engineer will be responsible for maintaining customers systems, providing rapid technical support, conducting surveys and ensuring system availability is maintained.
Must have requirements.
- Hold SC Clearance or be able to gain SC.
- Be available to work ‘on-call’ with a 4-hour response time for the customer.
- Make themselves available to work nights as required.
- Be able to travel abroad for between 4 and 6 weeks if necessary.
- Design, deployment and maintenance of DMR systems including carrying out surveys and report writing.
- Configuration and fault-finding analysis on basic IP networks.
- Deploy, fault find and restore body camera solutions.
- Deploy, fault find and restore Push to talk Over Cellular devices.
- Maintenance, configuration and fault rectification on Meshed networks.
Person Specification -Essential & Desirable (e) (d)
- Good standard of education. (e)
- Good literacy and numeric skills. (e)
- CRB. (e)
- Disclosure Scotland. (e)
- Minimum of SC cleared (e)
- RF Product Manufacturer training/certifications. (e)
- IP Network Management training/certification. (d)
- MOD security clearance. (d)
- RF propagation. (e)
- RF fault diagnostics. (e)
- Networking topologies. (e)
- TCP/IP. (e)
- Ability to fault find telecommunication platforms. (e)
- Telecommunications exposure to technologies outside of the company core business, i.e., WIFI, database management, SATCOM, Fibre Optics etc. (e)
- Exposure to PMR products. (d)
- Experienced on Motorola, Hytera, Tait, Entel Products and associated Software and Systems. (d)
- MPT 1327 Trunk radio. (d)
- Micro shot links. (d)
- Cellular. (d)
- Knowledge of Fylde trunking systems. (d)
- Advanced knowledge of RF and Antenna System Commissioning and Testing. (e)
- Information Management and Cyber Security experience. (d)
- Project Management experience. (d)
- Process and procedure driven. (e)
- Good customer service ethos. (e)
- Excellent written and telephone communication skills. (e)
- High standards in presentation of documentation and installation work. (e)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. (e)
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a successful team. (e)
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines. (e)
- Ability to cope under pressure. (e)
- Ability to embrace and manage change. (e)
- Commitment to own personal development.
- Creative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion. (e)
- Willingness to work unsociable hours at short notice if needed. (e)
- Demonstrate a ‘’can do attitude (e)
Your package will depend on your qualifications and experience, as well as company vehicle, phone and laptop.
Other benefits include 21 days paid holiday rising to 25 accruing from length of service plus bank and public holidays, life assurance of 4 times basic salary, compulsory pension provision etc.
For more information, please contact Warren Wright at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 ext 2, or [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
27 July 2021
Ex-Military “Apprentice” Site Manager
- £36k + Training to start
£36k + Training to start
27 July 2021
Field Service CompEx Electrician
- Home based, Midlands
- £33- £36k + O/T + Training
£33- £36k + O/T + Training
24 July 2021
Senior MEP Technician / Team Lead
- Middle East (country to be confirmed on signing an NDA)
- Competitve Tax Free Salary with Accomadation and Food provided
Competitve Tax Free Salary with Accomadation and Food provided
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering