Street Works Team Co-ordinator vacancy in Longstanton (253ww)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Sectors:||Construction, Engineering, General, Health & Safety, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client provides strategic knowledge and project management and delivery solutions needed to help our business partners successfully grow their infrastructure footprints across Telecoms, Utilities, Highways and Civil Engineering infrastructure sectors.
Working predominately in the public sector and blue-chip private markets, with an increasing involvement into private and developing markets including residential, education and commercial development.
Our Client is looking to employee a Street Works Co-ordinator to Join their growing team.
• will be to co-ordinate the activity of the Street works team in support of the operational delivery teams ensuring key information is readily available, work instructions processed and permits actioned in advance of works and closed as appropriate.
• In conjunction with the Head of Department, ensure client contracts and key legislation is understood in relation to the team’s activities and key service level agreements are met consistently.
• Support the Head of Department in managing the day-to-day activities of the team ensuring work is prioritised and evenly allocated amongst the team. Take the time to routinely give feedback that recognises good performance and constructively intervenes on poor performance.
Reporting To: Head of Street Works & Operational Support
Department: Shared Services
• Support the implementation of the team resourcing plan that effectively manages peak workloads and transfers skills amongst team members to maximise available resource.
• Conduct yourself in line with the Companies values recognising yourself as a role model, actively taking the time to routinely give feedback that recognises good performance and constructively intervenes on poor performance.
• Ensure the key elements of the client contract relating to the team’s activity are understood by the team and operational controls are implemented to ensure they successfully deliver against these requirements.
• Ensure the team have a robust understanding of key legislation and are confident in their interpretation of the legislation enabling them to fulfil their role effectively.
• Support in the collation and reporting of key information as required representing the broad set of activities performed by the team such as FPN/Section 74/third party escalations/contract SLA performance etc.
• In conjunction with the Head of Department, build effective client/third party relationships that enable disputes to be resolved quickly with a partnership approach in identifying improvements to drive efficiencies and enhance productivity.
• Work collaboratively with operational teams to ensure all required information is captured/provided in a timely manner, is accurate and able to be used confidently in the operational delivery processes.
• Support in the implementation of a team strategy that cultivates positive team relationships and a sense of belonging, overcoming the virtual nature of the team with members located across various company offices ensuring you are visible across all offices on a regular basis.
• Support the Head of Department in the collation of information as required for processing of team member wages, overtime, holiday, sickness and medical information by required deadlines.
• Ensure your work and that of the team is undertaken safely and in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
• Be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Be able to manage own workload and that of others, dealing with conflicting priorities effectively to meet deadlines.
• Good people management skills demonstrating a clear commitment to development.
• Be able to clearly articulate information in relation to tasks and pass on own knowledge for the benefit of the wider team.
• Have ‘good’ difficult conversations in relation to expected performance.
• To give and take instruction, constructive feedback and maintain respect identifying actions required in response to feedback received where appropriate.
• To deal with conflict in a calm and controlled manner.
• Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
• Proactive approach to resolving problems taking an objective approach to
• Understanding lessons that can be learnt when things do not go to plan.
• Good IT skills, competent with the use of internet, email and Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Core Behavioural Competencies
• Team Player
• Effective Communication
• Planning & Organising
• Time Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Performance Management
• Driving Licence
• Strong numerical ability – A-level or above
• Knowledge of Street Works & Legislation
Looking to take your career to the next level?
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] Or apply on www.ex-mil.co.uk or contact me on 0333202 6500 Option 2 or 07488241572
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
14 June 2021
Service & Installation Technician
- £30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
£30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
14 June 2021
Trainee Geotechnical Engineer
- Hugglescote, Leicestershire
- £21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
£21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
11 June 2021
RF Radio Telecommunications Senior Engineer Supervisor
- 35- 40K
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering