Project Resource Scheduler (Telecommunications) vacancy in Longstanton - Cambridge (261ww)
|Location:||Longstanton - Cambridge|
|Region:||London and South East, Midlands|
|Salary:||20K -22K + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Information Security, Management, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client provides strategic knowledge and project management and delivery solutions needed to help our business partners successfully grow their infrastructure footprints across Telecoms, Utilities, Highways and Civil Engineering infrastructure sectors.
Working predominately in the public sector and blue-chip private markets, with an increasing involvement into private and developing markets including residential, education and commercial development.
Our client is looking to employee a Project Resource Scheduler based in Longstanton.
Overview of Role
To allocate work activity in line with client needs across a team of operatives/sub-contractors spread nationwide ensuring key SLAs are consistently met.
Liaise with the client to resolve queries in relation to the works being undertaken/completed providing regular updates on progress as required. (Telecommunications)
• NRSWA/HAUC knowledge desirable
• Knowledge of permit schemes desirable
• Effectively plan works daily for dedicated resource, ensuring client SLAs and crew profitability targets are met consistently.
• Line manage dedicated resource on site to ensure works go ahead, and to assist with queries and on-site issues.
• Liaise directly with the client/third parties to resolve queries/issues relating to the work being undertaken.
• Liaise with third parties for specialist requirements (e.g., Traffic management, pest control, electricians)
• Submission of permits on NAR database in advance of works being completed, liaising with Highways Authorities as required to ensure works go ahead wherever possible, and manage through to completion ensuring permit is closed on completion of works with measure provided by engineers on site.
• Utilise specialist/area-specific knowledge and contacts for dedicated areas where laws and regulations may differ from standard (e.g., Scotland)
• Complete specialist application forms for permits such as TTROs.
• Monitor daily submissions on GEO-Sight and report findings/anomalies to operatives/sub-contractors for correction escalating to Resource Scheduling Manager as appropriate, with a focus on reviewing all photos to avoid FPNs and Highway Defects wherever possible.
• Manage orders through to completion on internal and client databases in real time ensuring data entry is accurate and complete.
• Manage interim reinstatements and Highways Authority defects to ensure all are within SLA and fines and associated costs are kept to a minimum.
• Produce J-orders, organise stock takes, materials and stores where required.
• Ensure DFEs are updated and correct prior to billing, including all additional costs for applications and traffic management are applied, and any discrepancies between original job packs and works required on site are corrected.
• Check and sign off invoices to be passed to Manager.
• Coordinate resource, equipment etc. to sites to ensure works go ahead, sometimes with the assistance of Site Agents.
• Input gang wages to timesheet and confirm wages for price-work crews weekly – if requested by line manager
• Provide regular and detailed information on outstanding and in progress works to the Resource Scheduling Manager, and to the client, for priority areas.
• Receive and co-ordinate urgent/dangerous 2 hour works within the client SLA.
• Retrieve stats for all works where required to ensure works can go ahead in a safe and timely manner.
• Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively, manage conflicting priorities and achieve deadlines.
• Good eye for detail, completing work with a high degree of accuracy.
• Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment taking commercially astute decisions.
• Able to receive constructive feedback, maintain respect and mutually agree any action required for you to take in response.
• Wants to be part of a team, wants to succeed as a team.
• Good IT skills, competent with the use of internet, email and Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Motivated and enthusiastic, able to work independently using own initiative as well as part of a dynamic team.
• Planning & Organising
• Attention to Detail.
• Commercial Awareness
• Effective Communication
• Stakeholder Management
Looking to take your career to the next level?
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] Or apply on www.ex-mil.co.uk or contact me on 0333202 6500 Option 2 or 07488241572
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
14 June 2021
Service & Installation Technician
- £30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
£30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
14 June 2021
Trainee Geotechnical Engineer
- Hugglescote, Leicestershire
- £21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
£21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
11 June 2021
RF Radio Telecommunications Senior Engineer Supervisor
- 35- 40K
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering