RF Radio Telecommunications Senior Engineer Supervisor vacancy in Chelmsford (262ww)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Management, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client is a major supplier of deployable UHF/VHF two-way Digital Mobile Equipment and Systems, their customers return year after year to hire or purchase the most advanced two-way radio equipment at the best prices, along with their high-tech accessories such as headsets and earpieces.
Manufactured by the most reputable names in the industry, such as Motorola, Kenwood and ICOM, the radio equipment they supply is proven, resilient and easy to use.
Our Client is looking for a RF Radio Telecommunications Senior Engineer to join their growing team,
This role requires an enthusiastic, organised and dedicated individual who is comfortable working from ladders, scaffolding or a cherry picker may need to take on additional tasks such as goods in/ goods out temporarily.
The ideal candidate may be required to work occasionally at weekends depending on the needs of the business. You may be put on a call out rota and may be required to work overseas and stay in various locations across the UK.
• Reprogram radios at customer sites as required, liaising with customers as and when required to help diagnose any problems.
• Attend customer sites to perform installations, including crane and vehicle installations and de-installations in any building and location required.
• Carry out a thorough site coverage test with the customer before leaving site, after installations, obtaining a signature to confirm the original spec has been fulfilled (including taking photos pre and post installation).
Installation, Troubleshooting & Maintenance of Telecommunications Systems.
• Provide technical support on communications systems on major contracts.
• Configuration and fault-finding analysis on basic IP networks.
• To plan distributed antenna systems (DAS) and deploy systems for UHF/VHF.
• Ensure all equipment and tools required are ready for your days’ work, attending site on time, liaising with purchasing to order stock accordingly when needed.
• Contact the customer the day prior to install to make sure everything is in place before attending site.
• Maintain own knowledge and skills relevant to your role and the industry by attending suitable courses relevant to your role.
• To liaise with the project manager for all equipment for installations.
• Hold 1-2-1 meetings each month with the engineers. Lead the weekly engineers meeting.
• To cover the senior installation manager’s duties when absent.
• Be required to independently source information for new projects.
• Be responsible for maintaining engineering standards across all installations.
• Monitor own performance as well as others and contribute towards own development of the knowledge & skills required to achieve results.
• Ensure that the pool vans are kept clean and tidy, remembering that you are part of the team representing the
• company whilst out in the van. Report and damages or defects to the Logistics Manager.
• Help and support in other departments within the Company when required.
Skills & Experience
• Advanced Knowledge of RF & Antenna systems commissioning & testing (system planning, use of test equipment, spectrum analyser).
• Having demonstratable experience working with DMR/PMR Systems from variety of vendors such as Motorola & Hytera.
• Have a strong working knowledge of IP and computer systems including TCP/IP networking.
• Have working knowledge of radio dispatch solutions and third-party system integration.
• Working within the RF spectrum.
• Experience in fault finding across a multitude of telecommunications platforms.
• Report writing, method statements and risk assessments (preferable but not essential).
• Knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Confident working from heights.
• Full driving licence, and full access to a vehicle.
• Experience with cellular systems (desirable).
• Must be able to work well on their own, but also be a good team player.
• Good leadership skills.
• Have a calm and patient approach.
• The ability to motivate peers and share knowledge.
• The ability to problem solve.
• Motivated self-learner.
• Health & safety
• Maintain responsibility for own Health and Safety at all times, adhering to all company policies.
• Report all accidents, injuries and near misses to the office immediately.
• Corporate responsibility
• Engage with business wide initiatives that support charity, community, and socially responsible business activity.
Please note: this role requires an enthusiastic, organised and dedicated individual who is comfortable working from ladders, scaffolding or a cherry picker. The ideal candidate may be required to work occasionally at weekends depending on the needs of the business. You may be put on a call out rota. You may be required to work overseas and stay in various locations across the UK.
Looking to take your career to the next level?
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] Or apply on www.ex-mil.co.uk or contact me on 0333202 6500 Option 2 or 07488241572
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
14 June 2021
Service & Installation Technician
- £30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
£30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
14 June 2021
Trainee Geotechnical Engineer
- Hugglescote, Leicestershire
- £21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
£21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
11 June 2021
RF Radio Telecommunications Senior Engineer Supervisor
- 35- 40K
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering